• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces changes to label notations, see what remains?
20 20

634 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They probably will not lock this, instead they will "Poof" it as if it never happened. 

Got to sweep this dirt under the rug. 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:18 AM, Beastfeast said:

Unless I'm reading this very wrong, WTF? 

Aren't grader's notes only free to those with a paid membership?  

Correct.

How are grader’s notes still not free? 

It's stupid. 

On 5/25/2022 at 12:14 PM, KCOComics said:
On 5/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Absolutely zero that I can think of.. 

It's gotta be the auction houses,  right? 

What prominent members of our community wants to make defects not readily accessible? 

The people selling the books

And there it is. 

I should have followed the money. 

Makes perfect sense.  

On 5/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

what's the point, in extra work to take it away?

They'll have to revamp their drop down menu?

ya I took it as, it'll still say, "missing mvs (marvel value stamp)" on Hulk 181

it just won't have the "incomplete" next to it, idk, what's the point? it will in the graders notes, surely they'd have to revamp their whole drop down menu for the labels to do this.

Doesn't make any sense idk (shrug) 

The argument may have been that it was redundant to say "incomplete" when you are noting something missing on the label. My concern is whether there will be books that are incomplete but for reasons not mentioned on the label and only in the graders notes. If CGC's intent is to nevertheless faithfully display on the label anything that would make  a book "incomplete" then I suppose it is only in the end a technicality to remove the word  "incomplete". Incomplete covers a range of different things, it almost seems to me it would have been more efficient to keep the word "incomplete" on the label and save the details for the grader's notes. For me, once I know a book is incomplete it rarely matters to me why....because for whatever reason its incomplete I don't want it....granted that the distinction between "affects" or "doesn't  affect" story would be important for someone  looking for a reader copy....

On 5/25/2022 at 1:14 PM, KCOComics said:

It's gotta be the auction houses,  right? 

What prominent members of our community wants to make defects not readily accessible? 

The people selling the books. 

Yeah that was my first thought too....

On 5/25/2022 at 12:19 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Or say a Hulk 181 with the image of Wolverine cut out. (Especially when they didn't correctly not which wrap it was on) 

Hey at least not they just don't note it at all. 

I saw the copy of 180 in person last week.  Had a nice laugh. 

3D286E03-6701-4A55-A354-F1A838C41E6D.jpeg

Edited by DocHoppus182
Clarification