• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
12 12

970 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2023 at 6:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To further clarify:

If you hadnt pressed? It would say upon received at cgc, sfg.

Even after the signing until it was in the grading room, then would say gei.

Bascally receiced at ccs is just the holding pattern even until after the signing, until received back at cgc department for grading. :)

Idk that my pressing ever changed through designations, until cgc had it then sfg, then gei, then qc, then shipped.

Received at ccs is holding patter designation, so that after the signing cgc then knows it should be pressed so they dont accidentally skip it. Or something. :cheers:

First time having ccs do it ..so was not sure what it should say…I also wasn’t sure if it was pressed first or after ..hoping for after ..get rid of the finger bends I have been getting on these signings

On 9/28/2023 at 8:27 PM, fatlab123 said:

First time having ccs do it ..so was not sure what it should say…I also wasn’t sure if it was pressed first or after ..hoping for after ..get rid of the finger bends I have been getting on these signings

You're not the first to wonder recently and I remember putting off becoming a member quickly due to the overwhelming nature.

Pressing Does happen after, I assure you, now with certain QC issues the wellness of it I'm not sure, given recent testimonies I think they do alright. Myself included. Its hard to judge since every book has its unique flaws, and delving into graders Notes can be tricky.

I HAVE NOT heard an all out blatant mishap recently though, so I'm confident that finger bends (presumably the worst that can or be thought to happen during a signing) can and should be able to press out.

There at times when cgc compensated for gross mishandling, but that is another bucket of chicken and again over whelming, suffice to say doesn't happen often enough to per SE worry.

Venting a bit myself, we were all unaccustomed to membership, and we all had to gain confidence. Ask here anytime, most are willing to answer with some insight or experience.

I'm just excited to get one back soon 😂 otherwise I too would be asking to soak it all in! But had to ask myself, as I don't often press. :cheers:

On 9/28/2023 at 8:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Best I Can say is look in the spare a grade thread and compared the scans coming back and the raws I laid out. I didn't notice what all others said per se.

I thought there were stresses top staples and maybe some frayed spine corners, with a bit of a ruffle at the very least top front cover. That's about all I saw, which I don't think can be fixed with a press. Still wasn't that bad for a 9.2 or 9.4, as all that just looked a little "worn" per se, but I suppose still breaks color, lies flat, page corners are sharp. Technically 9.0 makes sense. I just got built up lol

And maybe others don't see what I do, or see something else.

I did that with my current books that I sent in so hopefully they come back 9.6 I didn't go for the press this time just due to what happened with my last books. My Lobo Christmas special should be in for grading I know the signing happened over the weekend.

Edited by DravinClaw

Well still waiting on my Ron Frenz submissions to be checked in, i included pressing this time on "What If #105" and "Amazing Spider-man #252 newstand edition". Both are 9.6 currently and lack grader notes, signed by Defalco. 

I also sent my "Superman #75" Breeding & Jurgens signed book back for press and regrade. That should come back 9.8 based on it being 9.8 before signing and then 9.6 with 1 grader note that should still qualify as 9.8 according to the cgc guide book they wrote/published and sold me. Either way, that noted issue should press right out if its a "tiny bend". So lets see how good CCS really is.

Also my reholders with the nyc spidey label are checked in though.... lol

Edited by ShaggyB

On 10/3/2023 at 9:14 PM, DravinClaw said:

My experience with them hasn't been good I wish you all the luck with them. How are they still getting away with no grader's notes.

I still feel 9.8 requires no notes.

Anything below that should have a complete list of why

I would say 9.9 should get why its not a 10 listed.... just because id love to see them quantify it with something you can see and go "oh yeah i see what they are saying"

Dont think its ever gonna happen on 9.9, but i feel 9.6 and below needs to get notes and cgc as a company needs to crackdown on graders to supply them by making the submission manditory in the system to print the label.

I totally agree. My 9.4 X-Men #1 signed by Jim Lee had no notes and I had it pressed should have gotten at least a 9.6 but my 6.5 gi Joe #155 signed by Larry hamma got notes which I totally understand cause that book was rough but I find it funny a 6.5 gets notes and a 9.4 doesn't.

On 10/3/2023 at 10:28 PM, DravinClaw said:

I totally agree. My 9.4 X-Men #1 signed by Jim Lee had no notes and I had it pressed should have gotten at least a 9.6 but my 6.5 gi Joe #155 signed by Larry hamma got notes which I totally understand cause that book was rough but I find it funny a 6.5 gets notes and a 9.4 doesn't.

Yep and the real issue there is at 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6... a person is thinking what if anything can i do to bump that up.

Especially if you did a press already. You want to know what the press didnt fix on the book.

Depending on the book, the next level up can be hundreds of dollars in value.

UF #4 at 9.2 signed by bendis/bagley with remarque is right near that $1000 mark, probably just over it. But a 9.4 is well over it. A 9.6 is pushing an even higher number and a 9.8 is a massive jump.

No notes means i dont know if it has a crease from the polybag that i didnt see.... and thats a press and get 9.8 situation... or if its multiple little things that maybe a press would only get 9.4 or do nothing.

How do i make a call to try again, be satisfied, sell?

NOTES ARE CRITICAL at those pre-perfection levels, not just at lower levels or older books

On 10/4/2023 at 8:56 AM, ShaggyB said:

Yep and the real issue there is at 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6... a person is thinking what if anything can i do to bump that up.

Especially if you did a press already. You want to know what the press didnt fix on the book.

Depending on the book, the next level up can be hundreds of dollars in value.

UF #4 at 9.2 signed by bendis/bagley with remarque is right near that $1000 mark, probably just over it. But a 9.4 is well over it. A 9.6 is pushing an even higher number and a 9.8 is a massive jump.

No notes means i dont know if it has a crease from the polybag that i didnt see.... and thats a press and get 9.8 situation... or if its multiple little things that maybe a press would only get 9.4 or do nothing.

How do i make a call to try again, be satisfied, sell?

NOTES ARE CRITICAL at those pre-perfection levels, not just at lower levels or older books

Yup, same thoughts. Best you can do is buy a 9.8 on ebay- be diligent or if you must send the 9.4-9.6 back for a press and regrade. Look the book over really goos first for anything outside of 9.8 grading standards.

The likelihood it gets a different grade are good as it seems more subjective now than ever. Just be warned that CCS can ruin a book as much as they can improve it.

On 10/4/2023 at 4:32 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

Things are moving today at CGC!  My Bagleys all went to shipped, 100% 9.8s, now I don't know what to do with my 2 extraSpider-Man #7s

image.png.746f3215a35856e9a68a4a013070e9ef.pngimage.png.9d5fbd9b64c42a9e50f740ab6803cb67.pngimage.png.4ecab2921d4d6cc7d77c44c09e8c3a68.pngimage.png.17e27d572e3c4c371f7708f27a42da66.png

Sent you a direct message, might be interested

CCS has my Superman #75 for pressing and then back to cgc for regrading. Paid for fast turn service too. Looking for 9.8 to be restored to it.... or very very detailed reasons why not

Down to the Ron Frenz check in that arrived at same time as my reholders that were checked in yesterday

Edited by ShaggyB