• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
12 12

970 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2023 at 12:53 PM, mrbinkelstein said:

I second this. Anyone have any idea? The submission deadline was over two months ago. 

Third. I'm hoping it's just a scheduling conflict and that he is ok health-wise, the man is in his late 70s.

On 11/2/2023 at 6:26 PM, waynemel said:

Received my Skottie Young slabs back (bit late posting).  I really enjoy his covers.

Received - 08/08

10/04 - signing

10/11 - SFG

10/19 - GEI

10/25 - shipped

10/28 - delivered

Obviously happy with the 9.8 but surprised at how much they took off for other to be a 9.0, "light fingerprint on cover". Really have to look hard at it but do see it, ugh.  Still a great cover.

venomized_sy.jpg

bullseye_sy.jpg

Those black cover’s don’t hide anything unfortunately. Very hard to get them in high grade due to this and im sure CGC graders zero in on them.

On 10/31/2023 at 11:50 AM, Matt1982 said:

Anyone know anything about the Marv Wolfman signing? It was supposed to go in August but I'm still showing CCS in process.

On 10/31/2023 at 12:53 PM, mrbinkelstein said:

I second this. Anyone have any idea? The submission deadline was over two months ago. 

On 11/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, CCNRK said:

Third. I'm hoping it's just a scheduling conflict and that he is ok health-wise, the man is in his late 70s.

Looks like he signed this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/CGCcomics

My signature series Superman #75 9.6 Breeding/Jurgens - press and regrade has finished pressing and is now at the grader.

10/4 check in at ccs for 7 day fast track.

11/9 finished 7 day fast track pressing

11/9 checked in to cgc grader for 10 day fast track

Lets hope that press fixes the 1 grader note and returns it back to its previous 9.8 state

Booooo

9.6 remains on my superman #75. Pressing did not fix the issue, though the called out note has now changed. Must have a new cgc number as the old one is not updated with new notes and still contains old note.

New grader notes:

Grader Notes:
light spine stress lines to cover

Boooooo! I have a signed Nova #1 that has like two non color braking spine ticks they couldn't get out so it came back a 9.6.  CSS really isn't very good in my experience, it's like the quickest press that you can imagine.  I would always recommend biting the bullet and using them for every signing, but if you have preexisting ticks, spine stress, light bends, don't expect them to fix them.  I've pressed out ticks and spine stress issues like this hundreds of times, but you have to A. Take your Time and B. Focus on the actual Issues, I think CSS is just a generic press that they do super quick, its more about turn around times than quality. 

On 11/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

Boooooo! I have a signed Nova #1 that has like two non color braking spine ticks they couldn't get out so it came back a 9.6.  CSS really isn't very good in my experience, it's like the quickest press that you can imagine.  I would always recommend biting the bullet and using them for every signing, but if you have preexisting ticks, spine stress, light bends, don't expect them to fix them.  I've pressed out ticks and spine stress issues like this hundreds of times, but you have to A. Take your Time and B. Focus on the actual Issues, I think CSS is just a generic press that they do super quick, its more about turn around times than quality. 

Id just like them ti actually leave full grader notes. As what they left last time would be fixed by press... but if they saw this too last time i wouldnt have sent back.

CGC4336939-001_OBV@500x772.jpg.ed4b7b2fefda39dd5dfeddd2f4924f52.jpg

Got it back, new cgc number for some reason. Old one still pulls up the pre-pressing too.

It would appear the spine stress was cause by the pressing.

Here is the new back shot... look above the top staple and beside the '!'.

CGC4336939-001_REV@500x772.jpg.b3ab1a736fc05e8c6dab6264546380c9.jpg

now here is the back before i sent to get the bend fixed, note no stress above the staple or beside the '!'.

CGC4282529-001_REV@500x782.jpg.3b0eb5658c14c92f2dace39ed50703b7.jpg

On 11/24/2023 at 5:02 PM, Joshua912003 said:

Was super excited to get this in the mail. I wasn’t able to submit for the Ariel Diaz signing, so I thought this from BTC instead. Thought it came out really good. I wasn’t expecting the custom label, but I’ll take it. 

IMG_3070.jpeg

Haha free custom label. Very nice. 

Noticed this comment on the Ask CGC forum which I was not aware of,

from the 13th-21st we had an office move as we transferred into a new facility that could better fit our needs and future growth. This may affect the total turnaround time as well.

Mine has been in GEI for some time and with the comment above and add the holiday, may explain lack of progress.

I've had a couple books ship in the last couple days, which is progress - but I do feel like my book statuses are all over the place - I just received books I submitted at NYCC, but quite a few I submitted over the summer are still either in CCS or waiting to get to CCS - doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some are moving through quicker  (shrug)