• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
13 13

956 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, ShaggyB said:

Nope. Wish they would say thay though.

Its a 6 week turn time... but only guess we can make is from deadline date. Id like to know when the actual timer starts for any event.

Yeah they always announce the submission deadline and never the actual day: weird. I'm going to assume there's a lot of subs in for that because it took a long time for mine to check in. 

• Administrator
On 4/11/2023 at 3:56 PM, ShaggyB said:

Anyone know when defalco is signing submissions. We are about 2 weeks out from the 6 week mark from the submission deadline.

@CGC Mike do you know when the official signing was to take place?

I will see if I can find out.

• Administrator
On 4/11/2023 at 3:56 PM, ShaggyB said:

Anyone know when defalco is signing submissions. We are about 2 weeks out from the 6 week mark from the submission deadline.

We don't know the date yet, but are finalizing it.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:58 PM, CGC Mike said:

Have you guys ever considered publishing the signing event dates along side the submission deadlines

Only really matters to me when talking about being home to sign for the package.

• Administrator
On 4/11/2023 at 11:16 PM, ShaggyB said:

Have you guys ever considered publishing the signing event dates along side the submission deadlines

Only really matters to me when talking about being home to sign for the package.

In most cases, I believe we do not know the actual signing date during the time the majority of people are sending us books.  

Originally there was a Friday Feb 17th deadline for Defalco books. I submitted 11. I then realized it got pushed a month into Friday March 17th so I submitted 6 more as I had gotten some books back from heritage auction so that worked for me. Mine having submitted them so long ago show scheduled for grading so it just might be the case that he's making multiple trips in and signing them in batches when he's there but no idea if they had a larger timeframe set up for him to do a mass signing. I can't say for sure as my status could be in error as it's been scheduled for grading for quite some time on both batches now.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:13 PM, ShaggyB said:

Yeah mine say that too... comes down to when he signs as they have 6 weeks to grade from that point.

Id like them to announce when actual signings occur

Yeah unfortunately unless you got your books pressed I guess there's no way to tell if they were signed or not when it says scheduled for grading as they press post signing so you'd know in that regard but in the case of no press like these, I guess that's just the standard status once they've opened them up and after they've been signed so tough to know ;-). 

Probably too much going on over there to narrow it down to a set time frame as the artist may have to reschedule then they'd have to rinse and repeat and re-update the status of the signing day so to speak. Ah well, I'm sure it'll happen fairly shortly as looking back it had been scheduled actually in January originally then Feb 17th deadline then March 17th deadline but that was it. 

Good luck on your books! 

On 4/15/2023 at 7:37 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Yeah unfortunately unless you got your books pressed I guess there's no way to tell if they were signed or not when it says scheduled for grading as they press post signing so you'd know in that regard but in the case of no press like these, I guess that's just the standard status once they've opened them up and after they've been signed so tough to know ;-). 

Probably too much going on over there to narrow it down to a set time frame as the artist may have to reschedule then they'd have to rinse and repeat and re-update the status of the signing day so to speak. Ah well, I'm sure it'll happen fairly shortly as looking back it had been scheduled actually in January originally then Feb 17th deadline then March 17th deadline but that was it. 

Good luck on your books! 

In all honesty... they are supposed to press after signing...

They did not on my ASM 300 mcfarlane signed. It was pressed according to the site updates in early november. It was signed on 12/6/22.... just like my spawn #1 that was not pressed.

But traditionally speaking, you are correct, the process is sign then press. They just someyimes dont do it that way

Bit annoyed with cgc's use of fedex. Was alerted my reholder package would arrive early today and be here between 1030am and 230pm.

All day its been in transit to the next stop which is to board a truck for delivery. Meaning it aint coming today.

Cant get fedex on the phone because they wont transfer you to a person. Phone AI just hangs up letting you know thats the most up to date info.

Finally called website tech support and that guy was able to see its being held till tomorrow per original delivery date contract.

Cant sign before hand, have to be here 2 days in a row. Being held hostage by fedex and cgc.

Wish i could sign online or choose ups

Edited by ShaggyB

Haha yeah it's jokes. Fedex arriving early means go fishing for a couple days as they're right on target to arrive at your doorstep 3 days from then. I pay little mind to those alerts after they never arrived early on any of 4-5 and always said they were ahead of schedule. I think it's more on the off chance or to beef up the way their service looks in our minds. After a set amount of times hearing they're arriving earlier than scheduled we'll start to think it actually happened right? ;-)

On 4/17/2023 at 7:00 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Haha yeah it's jokes. Fedex arriving early means go fishing for a couple days as they're right on target to arrive at your doorstep 3 days from then. I pay little mind to those alerts after they never arrived early on any of 4-5 and always said they were ahead of schedule. I think it's more on the off chance or to beef up the way their service looks in our minds. After a set amount of times hearing they're arriving earlier than scheduled we'll start to think it actually happened right? ;-)

They appear to be sticking to a garunteed date cgc gave them.

This time its on a delivery truck.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:15 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Looks like Frank and Klaus are in house this week. I wonder how many book s they got and when mine will switch over to CCS in process...:takeit:

342655028_231471356205014_4197042008011252189_n.thumb.jpg.324ae362ac824ad0c7c1ee30ffec4163.jpg

342700439_763971978557501_2595816133017279259_n.thumb.jpg.c61be102e769353f1f89bbb171d78070.jpg

Our #SignatureSeries team had another incredible signing this week with #FrankMiller and #KlausJanson! It's always a pleasure signing with these two comic icons, and we're thrilled to share some great shots and highlights from the signing. If you submitted books for this signing, keep an eye on your submission tracker, as you should see movement on your submissions soon! ✍️

On 4/20/2023 at 11:49 AM, ak47po said:

342655028_231471356205014_4197042008011252189_n.thumb.jpg.324ae362ac824ad0c7c1ee30ffec4163.jpg

342700439_763971978557501_2595816133017279259_n.thumb.jpg.c61be102e769353f1f89bbb171d78070.jpg

Our #SignatureSeries team had another incredible signing this week with #FrankMiller and #KlausJanson! It's always a pleasure signing with these two comic icons, and we're thrilled to share some great shots and highlights from the signing. If you submitted books for this signing, keep an eye on your submission tracker, as you should see movement on your submissions soon! ✍️

That's how I knew that lol . Great minds think a like. I didn't think this would happen this soon but color me excited.  I can only hope my book retains ots grade.  👍

On 4/11/2023 at 2:56 PM, ShaggyB said:

On 4/11/2023 at 8:58 PM, CGC Mike said:

this was posted on FB within the comments regarding this week’s Miller/Janson signing

Peter Reid
Great to see all the recent signings completed, Miller, Janson, Layton, and Claremont. Any update on when DeFalco happens?

Most Relevant is selected, so some replies may have been filtered out.
  •  

8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor
    CGC Comics
    Peter Reid We have locked in a date for the first week of May!
Edited by StillOnly25Cents