• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
13 13

956 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2023 at 8:55 PM, ak47po said:

Mine from his last signing.

DSC_0002.JPG.7c5d0c7f3cc821c5b43d73c0c6d53cd0.JPG

Did you happen to window bag that yourself?

Seems his go to for that issue is silver, which isn't too shabby over the art and is more visible, not that I'm knocking anyone's acquisitions, it's just what I prefer or my goal. :shy:

On 6/12/2023 at 10:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did you happen to window bag that yourself?

Seems his go to for that issue is silver, which isn't too shabby over the art and is more visible, not that I'm knocking anyone's acquisitions, it's just what I prefer or my goal. :shy:

No window bag, i sent in a blue label 9.8 for this signing.

On 6/12/2023 at 9:55 PM, ak47po said:

Mine from his last signing.

DSC_0002.JPG.7c5d0c7f3cc821c5b43d73c0c6d53cd0.JPG

Thats a nice one.

I want to send 9.8 of 361-363, 374 and 375, venom 1 and 4.... but the cost is too nuts to do all that right now

Edited by ShaggyB

Today i also see my Alex Ross signature has gone into "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging". 

This one is #301 and already signed by Todd McFarlane

Screenshot_20230306_210926_eBay.thumb.jpg.6fe2af2caeff44febcc89f0c969e716f.jpg

Also got the custom label:

Screenshot_20230616_193256_Firefox.thumb.jpg.4c4f9ed8c6502cf1f839b024055d24ac.jpg

Edited by ShaggyB

I am curious about something, when you send in a book for signing does the artist have to be related to the specfic issue you are submitting. 

So if I have a Peter Perker Spiderman Key I would love to have signed, I would need to look for a CGC signing event with the artist for that specific issue right?

On 6/19/2023 at 6:16 AM, aabruzzese said:

I am curious about something, when you send in a book for signing does the artist have to be related to the specfic issue you are submitting. 

So if I have a Peter Perker Spiderman Key I would love to have signed, I would need to look for a CGC signing event with the artist for that specific issue right?

It doesn't necessarily have to be the artist.  It can be a writer, editor, letterer, colorist. But you definitely want someone connected with the story. 

On 6/19/2023 at 5:16 AM, aabruzzese said:

A lot of it depends on the artist also. Like I know for instance that even though he helped create Venom, that when you send it books for a Todd McFarlane signing, that he lists certain Venom related stuff he won't sign. Whereas Rob Liefeld created Cable, and for his upcoming signing I don't recall him saying he wouldn't sign Cable books he didn't draw. I mean he still could say no, no way to know for sure, but seems like if they are adamant about not signing particular books, they list that in the info on the signing when CGC is doing it. 

On 6/16/2023 at 12:19 PM, ShaggyB said:

And got a shipping notice / tracking number today. Funny it says wednesday delivery.... wonder if that will change

Well it arrived today.... but the bubble wrap failed in the box and the case was destroyed in the bottom right corner. Comic looks ok, but the case is shot.

Called and alerted for Mechanical Error send back... so i get to do that on my lunch break tomorrow.

The saga continues, 9 weeks to finally get the issue back. It was signed thr day before my other claremont siging which arrived within the 6 week timeline, and now i have to send this back.

20230619_192224.jpg.c8cd76f9ab91e07edcef825d1773a1f1.jpg

and here is some of the peaces not inside the case, including most of the corner

20230619_192229.jpg.ae68cc95a8eb4eaadc9c00079b1c590c.jpg

On 6/19/2023 at 8:11 PM, ShaggyB said:

Well it arrived today.... but the bubble wrap failed in the box and the case was destroyed in the bottom right corner. Comic looks ok, but the case is shot.

Called and alerted for Mechanical Error send back... so i get to do that on my lunch break tomorrow.

The saga continues, 9 weeks to finally get the issue back. It was signed thr day before my other claremont siging which arrived within the 6 week timeline, and now i have to send this back.

20230619_192224.jpg.c8cd76f9ab91e07edcef825d1773a1f1.jpg

and here is some of the peaces not inside the case, including most of the corner

20230619_192229.jpg.ae68cc95a8eb4eaadc9c00079b1c590c.jpg

Suppose the silver lining here is Mechanical Error is free and the case protected the comic, as it appears untouched

@CGC Mike how long does Mechanical Error take to process?

• Administrator
On 6/19/2023 at 8:17 PM, ShaggyB said:

@CGC Mike how long does Mechanical Error take to process?

It is possible the online submission form will not allow you to complete a mechanical error submission, as this is the second time sending it back.  I recommend contacting customer service immediately, and explaining the whole situation to them.  Make sure they know this is the second time shipping back to us.  The Ask CGC forum might be better than an e-mail.  They check the forum in the mornings.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

It is possible the online submission form will not allow you to complete a mechanical error submission, as this is the second time sending it back.  I recommend contacting customer service immediately, and explaining the whole situation to them.  Make sure they know this is the second time shipping back to us.  The Ask CGC forum might be better than an e-mail.  They check the forum in the mornings.

Had no problem with submitting the ME. Just wondering how long turn around is on an ME.

Printed shipping label and just packed up with fresh bubble wrap.

Also its 1st time shipping back, second problem with the order as it was extremely delayed. Sat in GEI for a month and went 9 weeks before it shipped after having a ticket opened to find it.

Edited by ShaggyB
Spelling

• Administrator
On 6/19/2023 at 8:40 PM, ShaggyB said:

Had no problem with submitting the ME. Just wondering how long turn around is on an ME.

Printed shipping label and just packed up with fresh bubble wrap.

Also its 1st time shipping back, second problem with the order as it was extremely delayed. Sat in GEI for a month and went 9 weeks before it shipped after having a ticket opened to find it.

I am not sure how long current turn around times are for a ME.  Customer service could provide you with an estimate.  Be sure to write ME in multiple places on the outside of the box.  That will help to ensure it gets  logged into the system quicker.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:53 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am not sure how long current turn around times are for a ME.  Customer service could provide you with an estimate.  Be sure to write ME in multiple places on the outside of the box.  That will help to ensure it gets  logged into the system quicker.

Yep. Its all over it.

Hopen this one comes back quick. Im out of the country in a month and have a house sitter at my place, so they can sign... but they dont know what to look for if it gets damaged again