• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your 3 Ring Binder Hole Punched Comics
2 2

83 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2022 at 2:35 PM, zzutak said:

These are great images on which to base a "nature versus nurture" argument.  (thumbsu  Every book in this 3-hole punched Atlas/Marvel collection looked about the same when it first became available back in the early/mid-1970s.  Some portions of the collection have spent the last 50 years with a single, loving caretaker.  Other books (being technically low-grade) have not been so lucky.  :sick:

3HP-Q94.jpg.6ef5018ac8095fac422e22893d269430.jpg  3HP-Q92.thumb.jpg.30684e80af7f3ea2bf79f163392b3f59.jpg

(worship)

I've been wanting to send these for grading but not sure if they would give it a blue or green grade.  The holes are made by the manufacturer so I think it would be a blue.  I did contact CGC to ask but I couldn't get an answer from them on it. These are hard to get in a decent grade since they come packaged with a figure where I only want the magazine.  May have to just send one and find out for myself.  

whatsapp_image_2018-02-19_at_4.33.22_pm_ycnl1zjnq3asaajj.jpg

On 8/5/2022 at 10:59 AM, Robot Man said:

I actually think that is a removed bound volume copy. And, heck yeah, I’d buy it too.   (thumbsu

I’m not sure but it’s in pretty nice shape and that would explain why the holes are so close to the spine.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:54 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

I bought this one at the Chicago Comicon in about 1986.  I think I paid $60 for it.  It is in wonderful condition other than the binder holes.  I sold it a few years ago.

All Winners 12.jpg

Man, that is breathtaking! Sounds cheap even back then. I would have whipped my wallet fast then locked it away forever in my junk pile!