• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Damn... This is disappointing.

1. Gem Mint decided to make that video. He needs PR, that aint it dude.

2. Nerdy Girl is a friend, Adam is a good dude. I do believe she was getting copies for others, as she does help out friends.

3. The exclusive hype is still garbage and will remain that way. Flip at your own risk.

4. CGC grading those books is embarrassing. Its a manufactured book and should be a green label.

yeah but, 75 or however many copies she got. Black Flag is more at fault than anyone else. but still...

theoretically, all bronze, silver and gold books will be graded. CGC HAS to keep a constant flow  into the future.moderns and and variants are their future. 
Let’s not fool ourselves into “They are the keepers of the truth” They have proven many times over they  are ini it for the cash. 

The fact that CGC Mike gets on here and states they stand behind this decision with out explanation kind of says  a lot . Hope we get an explanation as to why this contradicts past grading protocol. 

Edited by stippy52

On 8/8/2022 at 11:22 AM, Mike's Rack said:

The real victims in all of this are the Miles Morales fans that really wanted a copy of the reprint with a cool plastic cover stapled to it and were not able to buy one for $85 and must now pay the scalpers premium.

Tbh I think most Miles Morales fans think that "variant" cover is ugly. 

Edited by Atomic Ponkie

Wow, this thread took a turn.

I mean, I started saving quotes from pages 1 and 2 to comment on and by the time I got to page 12, they were completely no longer a concern.  lol

In summary:

• Variant covers are stupid and I'm glad I no longer feel the strong desire to collect them.  I'd rather put that money towards a Silver Age key than drop $85-$100 for a variant.
  • I will now be producing X-Force #1 acetate variants.  Keep an eye out as I'll be giving preferential treatment to you boardies first.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I don't see people all over IG, YT, the comic forums, etc. talking about Fighting American. 

This cost more because people want it. 

Uh.... yeah, most of us have seen this before.

Those of us who didn't just get into the hobby watched people trading their Golden Age and Silver Age keys to dealers back in the 90's, so they could get their hands on early Valiant books, and Todd McFarlane Spider-mans, and chrome covers, etc. ... "more because people want it."

How'd that end up?

On 8/8/2022 at 3:49 PM, ExNihilo said:

Wow, this thread took a turn.

I mean, I started saving quotes from pages 1 and 2 to comment on and by the time I got to page 12, they were completely no longer a concern.  lol

In summary:

• Variant covers are stupid and I'm glad I no longer feel the strong desire to collect them.  I'd rather put that money towards a Silver Age key than drop $85-$100 for a variant.
  • I will now be producing X-Force #1 acetate variants.  Keep an eye out as I'll be giving preferential treatment to you boardies first.

Not a fan of X-Force, can we get a X-Men #1 variant instead? 

Does this mean we can take any of the facsimile editions that have been produced recently, staple a plastic cover with some scribbles on it to the book, and sell it as an exclusive? I'm sure my 8 year old could come up with some cute designs.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:52 PM, jhenry30 said:

Does this mean we can take any of the facsimile editions that have been produced recently, staple a plastic cover with some scribbles on it to the book, and sell it as an exclusive? I'm sure my 8 year old could come up with some cute designs.

Tbh I kinda want to do a variant with the edge of spider-verse 2 facsimile edition xD