• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

Damn... This is disappointing.

1. Gem Mint decided to make that video. He needs PR, that aint it dude.

2. Nerdy Girl is a friend, Adam is a good dude. I do believe she was getting copies for others, as she does help out friends.

3. The exclusive hype is still garbage and will remain that way. Flip at your own risk.

4. CGC grading those books is embarrassing. Its a manufactured book and should be a green label.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:53 AM, toro said:

If Marvel sues Black Flag for their bootleg books does CGC still stand behind this?

Sues for what? There's nothing wrong (legally, that is) with attaching generic crap to a comic and selling it to insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. (shrug)

On 8/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Prince Namor said:

Enjoy the hobby you're creating. 

I found two copies of Fighting American this weekend (a #4 and a #6) that I paid less for than you'll spend on one of these dumb Ultimate Fallout bootleg variant covers.

I don't see people all over IG, YT, the comic forums, etc. talking about Fighting American. 

This cost more because people want it. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, october said:

These were printed covers, possibly not even licensed, stapled to an existing book. Can I do that at home? If not, what's the threshold for acceptance? Selling them? Selling them at a national comic show? Cause those are the only differences between this and a basement printing job that I can see. 

The acetate cover is just strategically placed generic crap. There's no Marvel content on it to license.

On 8/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, southern cross said:

And since a cover was married to the original printing then a green label should be used.

Or am I missing something?

You're mi$$ing $omething. 

Certainly there was a deal made to make CGC go against their own rules.

Either that or they're just inconsistent. 

It's one or the other. 

On 8/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, Ryan. said:

:shiftyeyes:

Image 1 - MIRACLEMAN 3-D #1 RARE GOLD FOIL CGC 9.4 Eclipse Archive RARE 90/199 COA Edition

Image 1 - MIRACLEMAN #4 RARE GOLD FOIL CGC 9.4 Eclipse Archive RARE #68/175!! W/COA 1985

Eclipse. Those were added by the publisher, right? 

If so, I can see why they'd grade blue. 

If not, then it's no different. 

The UF4 was a store owner stapling plastic to some old reprints. 

Lol... 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, CGC Mike said:

CGC is fully aware of what we graded and stand behind them.

Unfortunately I have promised not to post any more "poop" memes/gifs, otherwise this would definitely warrant some. 

Not surprised that CGC would stand behind this cash grab. Sad as a couple years ago I would have thought no way, but now this has become their M.O.