• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 10:00 AM, WoWitHurts said:

They didn't print a version of the book. All they did was modify the existing book and sold it. Not really actionable imo.

If it was marketed as an "official" version of the book, I'm pretty sure Marvel (Disney...) takes that pretty seriously.  They messed up the "In God We Trust" logo (unless done on purpose?), what if they added violence or nudity?  Disney is pretty strict on licensing.

On 8/7/2022 at 11:09 PM, captainzombie said:

This bothers me and I like his content too. Gem acts like this is no big deal. He is getting some of his fanbase turning on him in the comments.

(Un) Surprisingly this hypebeast is disingenuous when saying "Black Flag comics didn't even open until a little before 10am" -- as the line to purchase was already well established.

It's like saying Best Buy opens at 7am for the Black Friday deals.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, WoWitHurts said:

They didn't print a version of the book. All they did was modify the existing book and sold it. Not really actionable imo.

Nike sued shoe customizers last year, and settled out of court. This is worse as the book has an actual written message on it. And CGC opens themselves up to liability by willfully grading these. This has the potential to be a huge deal depending on whose eyes it falls upon. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:51 AM, Prince Namor said:

They grade them. But they have 'Counterfeit' listed on the label. 

Didn't know that, thanks 👍

Learn something new every day.

Still I think CGC should of got in touch with Marvel to find out if this was a authorized variant.

If not this should be put onto the label.

And since a cover was married to the original printing then a green label should be used.

Or am I missing something?