• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, tdotcbc84 said:

Honestly speaking, if I was in line and it sold out before I got a chance to buy it ..... I'd be thanking whoever bought it all! Saved myself $75 from buying COMPLETE GARBAGE lol

And I'd be ashamed I was even in line.

Anyway, why are people so butt hurt about this?  It's not like the community of dealers and auction houses are bidding up a copy of Action1 you REALLY REALLY want to buy, because you are a collector.  HEHEHE I come in peace :)

Wait...

Are you saying the market is artificially inflated?

What's next? Are you gonna tell me the Pope is Catholic?

Say it isn't so.

It can't be...

• Administrator
On 8/7/2022 at 9:00 PM, Iceman399 said:
On 8/7/2022 at 8:50 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Forget the whatnot BS and screwing over of collectors (yet again)... 

The bigger question is why these get blue labels? 

They're just the 2021 facsimile edition with an acetate cover stapled to it.  There are 4 staples. 2 for the book, 2 for this ugly cover.  Yet CGC is giving the married covers blue labels. Word going around is they aren't even official. That Marvel didn't approve this. 

Why does CGC ignore this? 

Screenshot_20220807-204243_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-204831_Instagram.jpg

Expand  

Maybe @CGC Mike can answer that for us? 

CGC is fully aware of what we graded and stand behind them.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:50 AM, Guardian Comics said:

Wait...you can't possibly be serious???

You stand behind grading homemade, counterfiet/bootleg, green label Etsy junque???

Are you sure Harshen and Matt tow that line as well?

Decoupage shoes, here I come

On 8/8/2022 at 11:00 AM, WoWitHurts said:

They didn't print a version of the book. All they did was modify the existing book and sold it. Not really actionable imo.

I don't know law

Aren't people supposed to tear off the covers of books before they throw them away?

If I wanted to put Sailor Moon stickers on my X force 1s and sell them as a variant, that would be my prerogative?

If I subbed those books to CGC and explained, these are variants, I would then be able to circumvent the rules and get blue labels?