Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

654 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 9:58 PM, Kerdese said:

What do you guys think? Would it be weird to have Todd sign Image Zero with the hopes of getting all 7 original founders to sign it through CGC? A book with all 7 verified sigs seems like it would be valuable. It could end up being the only one. Though it might take a long time to actually become really valuable. 

Good luck on that, I am on a similar mission. I instead had each of the 1st 7 Image books signed, Valentino's is the most elusive and the only yellow slab I'm missing as he rarely goes to cons or signings now. Portacio, Liefeld and Larsen are also getting tougher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, LudaToke said:

What books are on your list to choose from?

I'm thinking of Detective 576-578, ASM 298-300 and Hulk 340 but that is 7 books as well and quite pricey once you total it up.

ASM 298, 299, and 300, Spawn 1 Black and White, Hulk 340, Spawn 1 Newsstand and Direct. Now it seems I have to make a choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 11:32 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

inflation, the price of ink has skyrocketed :flipbait:

 

in all seriousness, I know Todd's time is worth money and that he spends full days at CGC's facility signing but I'm sure he is treated pretty well 

$120 up from $89 from the 2020 CGC private signing seems a bit much

someone will be making bank on this

Agree

I like the $75-100 range tops personally. However, I have a credit with CGC and where I live, it is hard to get to a convention so I think I will send in my first every signature submission. I respect what Todd has done for the industry and feel like I need to have him touch one of my books lol....probably going to be Batman #423. I've seen his signature pop on that book in silver and I kind of dig it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 1:22 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Batman #423 not worthy? Personally my favourite that he did outside of ASM #311 and #316

Batman #423 is definitely worthy, I just don't have it. I listed what I actually own at the moment and that I've been stacking up in anticipation for this signing announcement!

And be careful, what type of credit do you have with CGC? If it's the subscription renewal ($150) that credit doesn't typically get applied to in house signings. Just FYI.

Edited by iggykoopa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, iggykoopa said:

 

And be careful, what type of credit do you have with CGC? If it's the subscription renewal ($150) that credit doesn't typically get applied to in house signings. Just FYI.

pretty sure this was changed with their 6/8/22 announcement

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10271/member-credit-update/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 2:34 PM, iggykoopa said:

Batman #423 is definitely worthy, I just don't have it. I listed what I actually own at the moment and that I've been stacking up in anticipation for this signing announcement!

And be careful, what type of credit do you have with CGC? If it's the subscription renewal ($150) that credit doesn't typically get applied to in house signings. Just FYI.

Thanks for the heads up. I won a $100 credit in the grading contest they ran a month ago so i hope it applies but perhaps I will check

Edited by comicginger1789
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 12:26 PM, Troy.Division said:

Great question.
Go for it.
I have a multi-sig image book featuring ALL the current 'presidents' and could never figure out a proper value for insurance purposes.

Image United #1 MANY signatures.jpg

Nice! The room for the remarques is really cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2022 at 8:42 PM, Hot Nickels said:

He’s also signing cards. How the hell do you window bag a trading card?

I have no inside info on how to do this…. But…

I would do a windowed penny sleeve inside another slightly bigger penny sleeve inside one of those more rigid top loaders

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, Frankielo said:

Thinking  of Sending  in my ASM 300 9.4 sign by Stan Lee on 11/19/2018. Graders notes-spine stress lines break color. Is this book over graded?Barring anyone damaging the book what’s my risk of losing my current grade?

765B2D8F-A7E0-4B69-B6FE-4FDF1E97BE9A.jpeg some photos of the spine lines and the lower corner. the question is are they grading more stringently now than four years ago also am I in the right forum or should I be in the please grade my.thanks

FE28AC0C-4497-4A9B-8E16-2196ECD3518F.jpeg

73E9844C-883D-4B34-8E3C-B51174B2BE5B.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, EmoJackson said:

I have a 9.0 that has fewer color breaking ticks.  I wouldn't risk it.

 

Anyone know why McFarlane won't sign the Spawn "THX" book?

Todd McFarlane will NOT sign any of these books during the CGC In-House Private Signing: Venom #1 Color Variant Cover, Venomverse #1 B&W Variant, Venomverse #1 Color, Venom #6 Color Variant Edition, Spawn Retailer Thank You Variant. TODD WILL NOT SIGN ANY PARODY COVERS. He will only sign books and characters he has worked on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 11:32 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

inflation, the price of ink has skyrocketed :flipbait:

 

in all seriousness, I know Todd's time is worth money and that he spends full days at CGC's facility signing but I'm sure he is treated pretty well 

$120 up from $89 from the 2020 CGC private signing seems a bit much

someone will be making bank on this

My memory is a bit fuzzy but If I'm not mistaken, the last signing was very limited to just certain Spawn books. If this was the case then it makes sense to charge more for it this time. I actually thought they'd be charging more than 120.

Anyone know when he starts signing? They said they're expecting this to last at least a few months. Crazy to think how many signatures they squeeze out of this guy!

Edited by MGsimba77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 10:10 PM, MGsimba77 said:

My memory is a bit fuzzy but If I'm not mistaken, the last signing was very limited to just certain Spawn books. If this was the case then it makes sense to charge more for it this time. I actually thought they'd be charging more than 120.

Anyone know when he starts signing? They said they're expecting this to last at least a few months. Crazy to think how many signatures they squeeze out of this guy!

Yes the last cgc in house signings he did there were pallets of stacks of books. Deadline isn't until November to have books in by, so maybe late November for the actual signing or perhaps early December. You'll hear when it takes place cause it'll be all over social media, then here, if the last open signing of "his work" is any indication.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 10:10 PM, MGsimba77 said:

My memory is a bit fuzzy but If I'm not mistaken, the last signing was very limited to just certain Spawn books. If this was the case then it makes sense to charge more for it this time. I actually thought they'd be charging more than 120.

 

fuzzy indeed, the signing was not limited to Spawn books only

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7862/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
12 12