• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
11 11

792 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2022 at 7:22 PM, ak47po said:

Todd McFarlane will NOT sign any of these books during the CGC In-House Private Signing: Venom #1 Color Variant Cover, Venomverse #1 B&W Variant, Venomverse #1 Color, Venom #6 Color Variant Edition, Spawn Retailer Thank You Variant. TODD WILL NOT SIGN ANY PARODY COVERS. He will only sign books and characters he has worked on.

Does this mean that he will not sign any of the recent Batman 423 reprints such as those from Fan Expo or Spectral Comics? I would really like to get his signature on one of those virgin variants so it's clear and unobtstructed byt the trade dress.

Also, what's the consensus as to the best marker color to have him sign with for a Spider-man 1 (regular version with green background)? I've seen blue sharpie which looks decent if signed across the left side leg (so Spidey's right leg). The other go to option seems to be either silver or bronze metallic across the taint. 

On 10/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, Vegas021 said:

Does this mean that he will not sign any of the recent Batman 423 reprints such as those from Fan Expo or Spectral Comics? I would really like to get his signature on one of those virgin variants so it's clear and unobtstructed byt the trade dress.

Also, what's the consensus as to the best marker color to have him sign with for a Spider-man 1 (regular version with green background)? I've seen blue sharpie which looks decent if signed across the left side leg (so Spidey's right leg). The other go to option seems to be either silver or bronze metallic across the taint. 

From the 2019 CGC signing. was a little more detailed information.

He will also sign any books with characters he created (i.e. Spawn and Venom) regardless of whether he received any creative credit in the book.

968419565_Screenshot(118).thumb.png.34d6bd6d2dd8896a8fcc4d82dce6c459.png

Thanks! Based on this, I'm assuming that the Batman 423 variants will qualify since it's essentially his artwork that is simply being reprinted and digitally corrected (i.e., the missing  yellow in the moon).

Edited by Vegas021

On 9/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

I have never participated in a CGC in-house signing event...Can you specify the ink choices for signatures or do you just get what you get?

not sure if you can ask about the ink color.

if i were you just call up CGC directly and ask them over the phone this question.

CGC has excellent customer service always pick up the phone and will give you the information you need.

IF you are getting your comics signed they do a great job. 

On 10/9/2022 at 4:11 PM, Vegas021 said:

Thanks! Based on this, I'm assuming that the Batman 423 variants will qualify since it's essentially his artwork that is simply being reprinted and digitally corrected (i.e., the missing  yellow in the moon).

If his name is on the art and it’s not one of the specifically disqualified issues I think you’re good

On 10/9/2022 at 6:28 PM, ak47po said:

From the 2019 CGC signing. was a little more detailed information.

He will also sign any books with characters he created (i.e. Spawn and Venom) regardless of whether he received any creative credit in the book.

968419565_Screenshot(118).thumb.png.34d6bd6d2dd8896a8fcc4d82dce6c459.png

hm

Screenshot 2022-10-11 092114.jpg

On 10/11/2022 at 8:09 PM, Vegas021 said:

Any recommendations as to increasing the likelihood of a full signature rather than the shorter "T. McFarlane" variety? Would taping a $10 to the window bag help the cause? :roflmao:

I wrote “Full name Please” and color of sharpie on the blue painters tape. Along with a Thank You.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:56 PM, ak47po said:
On 10/11/2022 at 7:09 PM, Vegas021 said:

Any recommendations as to increasing the likelihood of a full signature rather than the shorter "T. McFarlane" variety? Would taping a $10 to the window bag help the cause? :roflmao:

I wrote “Full name Please” and color of sharpie on the blue painters tape. Along with a Thank You.

so many details to remember! I wasn't nearly that efficient :(

I had a slab to send, so I slipped the paperwork into the mylar for the slab and mailed it with initials on all sides. They've recorded receiving the package, but it has been a couple of days and it's not on the submission page, yet.

I didn't put enough thought into it is what I mean, they are already going to have to crack it open and window bag. idk. I didn't want them to have to do too much considering. My #298 is blue, I don't even think that I could come up with an agreeable color to request for the bookend #301 :eek:

I'm just excited to have books that will move faster than econ slow. Presumable :) 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:47 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Gees, I'd love to get one of my McFarlane books signed. I guess I'll just live vicariously through you guys. Make sure you post some pics :)

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost you from Australia to send in one book for the sig? Assuming of course you've done the mental math.

On 10/11/2022 at 5:09 PM, Vegas021 said:

It’s called getting T.Bagg by the Toddfather. :cheers:

On 10/13/2022 at 5:05 PM, Grayson9030 said:

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost you from Australia to send in one book for the sig? Assuming of course you've done the mental math.

The postage for a slab from the US to Australia is around $80USD... And that's just the return leg of the journey. Also the Aussie dollar is really low against the green back at the moment... 

On 10/17/2022 at 6:02 AM, MattrixAlien said:

The postage for a slab from the US to Australia is around $80USD... And that's just the return leg of the journey. Also the Aussie dollar is really low against the green back at the moment... 

Trick is to send multiple books. Return shipping for 15 books is USD $120, that's $8 per book...

On 10/11/2022 at 8:09 PM, Vegas021 said:

I was wondering the same thing.  He needs to sign all books the same way.  Last CGC signing some got the full name signature while many others only got the "T. McFarlane sig.   I don't really want a special CGC "Todd McFarlane" yellow label with a "T. McFarlane" signature.   Hey maybe that is what the extra $40 is for this time around - the extra ink for 3 more letters.   

Edited by kypackman

I'm new here, submitted a few comics for TM with requests for color, and included 4 unused decocolor paint pens (white, blue, red and silver).  The decocolor are superior and really pop on any material.  Red and Blue esp. contrast well with most comic covers compared to sharpie paint pens.

Anyway, I included a request for white decocolor on my silver polybagged S-M #1.  I know it's a long-shot but had to take a chance.  What's another $26 spent on paint pens when the total cost for this exceeds $700?  

On 10/21/2022 at 8:50 PM, maz25 said:

I'm new here, submitted a few comics for TM with requests for color, and included 4 unused decocolor paint pens (white, blue, red and silver).  The decocolor are superior and really pop on any material.  Red and Blue esp. contrast well with most comic covers compared to sharpie paint pens.

Anyway, I included a request for white decocolor on my silver polybagged S-M #1.  I know it's a long-shot but had to take a chance.  What's another $26 spent on paint pens when the total cost for this exceeds $700?  

Paint pens tend to stay wet for a long time. Good luck with your sig not smudging and I hope my book doesn't get piled on top of yours.