• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
11 11

792 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2022 at 4:21 PM, J Bill said:

I have a slabbed 9.0 Spider-Man #1 Platinum I bought years ago (graded in 2007). I know generally speaking cleaning and pressing wasn't as prevalent back then so I took a gamble and submitted it for the signing and CCS. Came back a 9.2 so pretty happy about that! Ebay sales on the Platinum version in a 9.2 is pretty sporadic. Does anyone have access to Gpanalysis data that might provide some further insight?

Ebay has an unsigned 9.0 for $899.95 and an unsigned 9.4 for $930.

So your 9.2 was like a $900 before the sig. (Depends on if you think that 9.0 is too high or the 9.4 is too low, im thinking the 9.0 should be 750- 825 and the 9.4 should be 975.... but thats just me)

Did todd sign full name or tbag? Did you get custom label or no?

If selling, id likely add your 300 to 400 (id go 400 myself, but thats me) to it and then if he did full name and custom label add another 100 to 200

Keep in mind there is a stan lee signed going for nearly 2,000 at 9.2... so dont go too high.

You wont get crazy money while todd is still signing stuff.

Just for fun... i bought a silver cgc 9.8 for $100 a week ago and there is a $500 custom label, from this signing, with tbag sig up right now.

So my 400 to 600 range on sig and logo value on top of your 9.2 is likely where you should be appraising the additional value. 

So the question is do you feel 900 is right for 9.2 with no sig?.... if so 1500 max with full name and custom logo, 1300 for tbag sig and no logo, and finally 1400 for full name sig and no logo.

Edited by ShaggyB

On 1/3/2023 at 10:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

YAY!! :x GEI :banana: 

shipped yesterday. Remained the slabbed grade that I sent in, ASM #301 CGC 9.6, now SS'd my McFarlane :) not sure how I'll get the "T'odd" lolhm 

:whee: 

On 1/5/2023 at 4:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

shipped yesterday. Remained the slabbed grade that I sent in, ASM #301 CGC 9.6, now SS'd my McFarlane :) not sure how I'll get the "T'odd" lolhm 

:whee: 

Congrats!  LOL, see that you could not wait to look at grade.  Guess the only thing left is to see how he signed it :) 

On 1/5/2023 at 3:38 PM, waynemel said:

Congrats!  LOL, see that you could not wait to look at grade.  Guess the only thing left is to see how he signed it :) 

Amen lol

I'm ecstatic that it started moving, the label printed yesterday,  but still hasn't made it to the carrier.  I'm also excited because my March econ slow started moving as well, it's the new year, but I'm still excited praise God. I don't want to complain ab9ut the time it took, although Lord willing cgc gets that up to date and done right but quicker !

On 1/5/2023 at 12:23 PM, Kendawg11 said:

So after the holidays... kinda vague... I mean any date is after the holidays.... could a actual date be given ? Asking for a friend...the  friend being myself 

Unless they were promoting a facebook live or something, what would THEY (CGC or Todd) gain from locking themselves into a specific date?  Weather and planes are crazy in much of the country, Todd is a busy dude, and even if they gave a date there's no guarantee any given book would signed on that day, there might be so many that it spills over to the next day or the next month?  Or delay for literally any reason.

Do they want MORE of your Todd business? They've already got your money and your book, and clearly have no problem getting submissions for these signings.

BUT if they announce a date, they do get a bunch of people asking busting their chops if there's a delay for any reason, or if their specific book didn't get signed.

In a lot of cases CGC communication ain't great and it should be better.  Keeping people abreast of random dates in the future Todd might sign is not one of those cases to me.  More potential harm with zero upside.

Edited by revat

On 1/8/2023 at 11:54 AM, Joshua912003 said:

I was hoping for a 9.8, but I guess I can settle for a 9.6 

348CE4A9-78C4-4DF9-94A6-F34AD832723B.jpeg

Nice! I'm hoping for delivery soon myself, congrats on your bok! Great placement 

On 12/17/2022 at 12:28 PM, Plvnet said:

I really appreciate all the work and hustle CGC is putting into this, however it can be extremely frustrating when Books are damaged in the process and especially so when that damage occurs during a signing event where I’m sure that others besides me were sending in some of our favorite comics that were meticulously selected to be the highest grade possible. 

I understand that this is the risk we take, but I can’t help but think that some of this unnecessary roughness could be avoided by slowing down a little bit and making sure the graders aren’t overworked. 

I sent in a raw book (Batman 423) that was easily a 9.2 or worst case a 9.0 with ZERO spine stress lines 3 x backboards in the window bag for extra support and got back an 8.5 with 4 of them. This is my first experience submitting comics for grading and even though I still allegedly have $150 credit on my account that wasn’t applied towards this event, I may not even use it. I’m extremely hesitant to send any more of my books in if THIS is the result. Here’s the before and after. 

C4DE844D-6E27-4325-A618-94BD134C8F5A.jpeg

I am sorry to see, and to hear about your experience.

I have also had a bad submission which, now, unfortunately, I have not submitted to a signing since. 
Maybe this will change sometime down the road? I'm not sure, but I much preferred getting a VIP signing ticket at a convention, prepping the book, having them sign it myself, with a witness, resealing it, and then giving it over to CGC.

This still does not guarantee anything, but I superficially feel safer.

That being said, since my poor submission, I understood that I won't turn away from the hobby, but I now only buy 9.8 CGC graded books, and avoid the whole signing submission process altogether. 

If I buy a raw book now, it's most likely going to stay that way.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:38 PM, bobotski said:
On 1/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Mine didn't go to grading yet...:-(

Mine for pressing has been sitting in 'Received at CCS' since 12/6. Still hoping for the guaranteed 6-week turnaround time with pressing.

If yalls are still ccs received, then I want to say it wasn't signed at the 1st go around of signings with McFarlane  :shy:

I'm sure they'll try to keep to 6 weeks, but I don't think the clock is ticking yet, as they didn't get to all the books the first go around.

On 1/11/2023 at 1:51 AM, DWill73 said:

Gee what's wrong with this picture?? I guess that 20 day turnaround doesnt account for the extra month of re-submission for not QC'ing their work. Sad

536232642_IMG_42502.thumb.JPG.e237119fc25442fce1f7f3ff7bc00cfc.JPG790776298_549CA30B-BB6B-4215-A6E6-C11A1A5AC03F2.thumb.JPG.734d3b5f19f220c492cb46e33d6b08ab.JPG

The new Mechanical errors tier is the fastest growing service they have.at CGC and growing yearly.

Edited by ak47po