• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERITAGE November comic and art auction
4 4

367 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, drdroom said:

Demon DPS about 47K with BP, a little low I thought. In general I think the prices are mostly not crazy this auction so far.

It was a great splash and I was expecting higher too but even at $47k, that is a darn strong price for a 70s Kirby double splash.

On 11/17/2022 at 3:04 PM, batman_fan said:

This one went higher than expected but as I predicted, I will have to be happy owning the Part One splash 

61AD772C-E213-4D39-87BE-F50BCD502757.jpeg

Your part 1 is certainly the better of the two, as well.   Congrats.   Highest number I can recall on a pre hero kirby splash on HA.

On 11/17/2022 at 2:55 PM, grapeape said:

Big winners!!!!

Byrne Alpha Flight 24 complete story 

$144,000.

Calvin and Hobbes Sunday 

$400,000

Calvin and Hobbes illustration 

$100,000

+ BP on those last two.

and 120

On 11/17/2022 at 12:26 PM, batman_fan said:

It was a great splash and I was expecting higher too but even at $47k, that is a darn strong price for a 70s Kirby double splash.

I'm not sure. The really strong ones rarely come up. This was the best I can recall seeing at public auction in the last maybe six or eight years.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:28 PM, Xatari said:

I thought they would go much higher and  am very grateful to be bringing one of these home. 

These carried bigger weight to me than normal prelims due to the way Rob creates. Couple this with my love of Deadpool, and I couldn’t be happier!

Congrats. There is a lot more to these Deadpool prelims than other common prelims. Not many other new characters debuting in the last 30 years, if any, have the cultural footprint of Deadpool. Not everyone will agree on the significance of prelims or their value, and that's ok. These are awesome.

Edited by Sideshow Bob

On 11/17/2022 at 3:04 PM, stinkininkin said:

I would not put the Calvin and Hobbes Sunday into the category of big winners. For the buyer, yes.

Compared to what, Scott?

What's the highest for a Peanuts Sunday?  Around $360K, right?  that one trumps many other Sundays at around $110K

As for Calvin and Hobbes, the highest price for a daily is $215K, which sold only a few months ago.  the previous high for a daily was $130K from Sept 2021.

So, what am I missing?

On 11/18/2022 at 12:17 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Compared to what, Scott?

What's the highest for a Peanuts Sunday?  Around $360K, right?  that one trumps many other Sundays at around $110K

But you can't compare the volume of available Peanuts Sundays with available C&H Sundays...

On 11/18/2022 at 4:04 AM, stinkininkin said:

I would not put the Calvin and Hobbes Sunday into the category of big winners. For the buyer, yes.

Only because of expectations built up from the price of the daily in the last auction.

But $400k would've been pretty impressive without that comparison point.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, tth2 said:

Only because of expectations built up from the price of the daily in the last auction.

and don't forget the BP - it got 480,000 total

On 11/19/2022 at 12:50 AM, Bronty said:
On 11/18/2022 at 11:09 PM, tth2 said:

and don't forget the BP - it got 480,000 total

Who keeps quoting final prices without including the BP?!