• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERITAGE November comic and art auction
4 4

367 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2022 at 1:55 PM, comix4fun said:

Found where it was published. It was called "Lake of Mystery" and it was a game to find the *SPOILER* 17 differences between the top and bottom. 

374723546_ScreenShot2022-10-31at12_53_18PM.thumb.png.65ce1b2bfc88c3f1a3976bd7384a98c0.png

there's a page "16" lower left which suggests it was from an activity book or something?    Any idea?

Edited by Bronty

On 10/31/2022 at 4:16 PM, Bronty said:

there's a page "16" lower left which suggests it was from an activity book or something?    Any idea?

I was thinking one of the mini comics that came with the figures, but given the layout and size it seems more like an activity book. 
I haven't looked at those yet to find specifically which one. 

Oddly, this image seems popular and is offered on a bunch of sites as prints and posters. 

On 10/31/2022 at 4:16 PM, Bronty said:

Found it.

mag6.jpg.1363ed3b63b269f2a88fc291fa5a4001.jpg

On 10/31/2022 at 1:55 PM, comix4fun said:

Found where it was published. It was called "Lake of Mystery" and it was a game to find the *SPOILER* 17 differences between the top and bottom. 

374723546_ScreenShot2022-10-31at12_53_18PM.thumb.png.65ce1b2bfc88c3f1a3976bd7384a98c0.png

You know, comparing the printed copy to the original I can’t help but wonder if the original is faded

On 11/1/2022 at 10:12 PM, Bronty said:

You know, comparing the printed copy to the original I can’t help but wonder if the original is faded

In print it looks REALLY oversaturated compared to a lot of Earl's paintings for the toys/books from this series. 
The green on the battle cat is a little light on the painting though, compared to Earl's other MOTU paintings. So, maybe a little fading and a little heavy handedness on the printer's part maybe?

On 11/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, comix4fun said:

In print it looks REALLY oversaturated compared to a lot of Earl's paintings for the toys/books from this series. 
The green on the battle cat is a little light on the painting though, compared to Earl's other MOTU paintings. So, maybe a little fading and a little heavy handedness on the printer's part maybe?

Could be.   I had the same thought re battle cat, and really a lot of the colors lack punch. I do think there’s at least some fading.   You may well be right about printer adjustments too. 

On 10/26/2022 at 9:24 AM, tth2 said:

Thanks!  Never even knew that was there! (thumbsu

Here's a fun one today...

Tales of Suspense #57 Curator Pedigree (Marvel, 1964) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages.... $102,000.00 Jun 19 2022 $200,000 Pending Nov 02 2022

On 11/4/2022 at 7:29 AM, tth2 said:

I'm sure it's all on the level.

If one wants to retain skepticism, as I know you probably do and that's totally your right, just ignore the 'made' offers and focus on the accepted ones because real money moves there.    

That particular offer is still 'pending' so we don't yet know if it was accepted (the status will change if it is accepted or rejected).     We do however know there was a prior offer for 175 on the same book that was rejected.

Edited by Bronty

On 11/4/2022 at 10:01 PM, Bronty said:

However, if one wants to retain skepticism, as I know you probably do and that's totally your right, just ignore the 'made' offers and focus on the accepted ones because real money moves there. 

Even the accepted offers could be simple manipulation.  Yes, actual money will change hands because the parties don't want to get banned or suspended by Heritage, but it could be from left pocket to right pocket to goose the perception of market price of an item.  Particularly if BIN results also get reported on GPA. 

On 11/4/2022 at 10:14 AM, tth2 said:

Even the accepted offers could be simple manipulation.  Yes, actual money will change hands because the parties don't want to get banned or suspended by Heritage, but it could be from left pocket to right pocket to goose the perception of market price of an item.  Particularly if BIN results also get reported on GPA. 

At that point we might as well all wear tinfoil hats and not believe any results on ebay, heritage, comicconnect, clink, or any other venue unless we personally audit everyone's bank accounts, emails, voicemails, other communications, and caloric content of what they had for breakfast.    Remember that heritage takes a cut of these sales.   Its rarely going to be worth it to pay that cut to create a data point that probably can't be repeated.   On this particular offer HA's cut would be 20k.    Are you really going to pay 20k on a 100k book on the idea that someone MIGHT pay 150 later because of the 200k data point.   Its awfully shaky ground and just not a smart thing to do even if you are morally okay with doing it in the first place.

Edited by Bronty

On 11/4/2022 at 10:16 AM, Bronty said:

all wear tinfoil hats

We lied, we can still see you. All I know for sure is real money is leaving my bank account when I buy stuff at all those venues. While the “market” is unregulated it certainly has plenty of inspector general’s gleefully exposing nefarious actors with EVIDENCE of wrongdoing rather than innuendo alone. 

On 11/4/2022 at 10:33 AM, ThothAmon said:

We lied, we can still see you. All I know for sure is real money is leaving my bank account when I buy stuff at all those venues. While the “market” is unregulated it certainly has plenty of inspector general’s gleefully exposing nefarious actors with EVIDENCE of wrongdoing rather than innuendo alone. 

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, nor do I care to debate it tbh.

There are some rejected offers, some accepted offers.    Believe the transactions you choose to believe.

Edited by Bronty