• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERITAGE November comic and art auction
4 4

367 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2022 at 1:13 PM, Haljordan168 said:

anyone have thoughts on the Jim Lee pieces?  The UXM 268 DPS only got $78k and the XM#5 DPS only got $43k despite having wolverine in several panels.  

The cap one seemed ok- no xmen

the other was cheap… but no Williams inks and some other people contributed to that issue I believe 

On 11/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, drdroom said:

Demon DPS about 47K with BP, a little low I thought. In general I think the prices are mostly not crazy this auction so far.

The Forever People splash went for over double this, and seemed a much inferior piece.  I can't explain it. 

On 11/17/2022 at 12:40 PM, Brian Peck said:

The Kane Green Lantern cover seemed low, not many of them out there and is a great example.

As soon as Marvel finds a way to acquire Green Lantern's rights, or they make Green Lantern the next Batman,  you'll see price and demand skyrocket I'd wager.

84k for the Jam Piece?  Seems like a lot, no? Not my wheelhouse, can anyone weigh in?

36k for Liefeld layouts? First appearance mania apparently extends to unpublished prelims.

McFarlane Hulk 340 for 90k? I would guess both buyer and seller are OK with that result.

On 11/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, grapeape said:

Big winners!!!!

Byrne Alpha Flight 24 complete story 

$144,000.

Calvin and Hobbes Sunday 

$400,000

Calvin and Hobbes illustration 

$100,000

I would not put the Calvin and Hobbes Sunday into the category of big winners. For the buyer, yes.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:52 PM, grapeape said:

Two pieces on the low side I thought

* ASM 88 Romita Splash $77,500

* GL 69 cover Kane $59,000

When you track the all in price they were on more to the "about right" to high side.

The ASM 88, which felt like a whole-lotta Mooney to me, ended at $93,000. That's small art ASM approaching $100k. 

The Kane GL (which I love this cover) was $69,000 which isn't a lot compared to Marvel twice up from the same era, but a solid result. This cover and others from that era have deserved a lot more love for a long time. $69k isn't a horrible result but could have easily been an extra $10-15k higher with the proper appreciation.