• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4) Round 4
8 8

152 posts in this topic

I wiffed hard on that last book. Did not see the sub crease and graded it way too high. Definitely my worst round. :tonofbricks:

On 11/13/2022 at 9:43 AM, zzutak said:

20x1.thumb.jpg.4b03369c261dcd2ae1ef29878bb58f07.jpg

I believe I got a bullseye on this one, almost missed that crease but caught it and graded accordingly. Decent round for me but I blew the first 2 rounds :pullhair:. The important thing about these contests is to come out of the gates strong. That first round, if you can land in the low single digits means you are closely calibrated and have a good chance. If you blow it on the first round you have to course correct and play catch up and with only 4 rounds its often insurmountable.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:13 PM, flashlites said:

Who is number 1?  image.png.cf934cf93f5fdc043f94b51f6ac79e45.png

You are number....oh, I don't know actually Flashlites, what number you are. Got to wait for the spreadsheet... grover.gif.58c79de9c5b3e2d0321d099c89d1590f.gif

On 11/13/2022 at 6:41 PM, Yorick said:

I thought that War Stories looked great!  The sub crease doesn't break color.... much.  7.5!!!

2 points.  Oooof.

That's what I gave it too :tonofbricks:

You must be in the running for a top three finish Yorick, no? :wishluck:

• Administrator

I am very glad to see that people are enjoying these contests.  I enjoy them, too.  I have been informed that I will not have the results and spread chart until tomorrow.  If I receive it by 9:30 AM, I will post it then.  If it is a little later before I get it, I will post it around 12:00 PM.  I am looking forward to see who is at the top of the chart.  I have not done any investigating to see how it will look so, it will be a surprise for us all.  

Well I crashed and burned, but I enjoyed every moment of it. Congratulations to the winner, and everyone else who participated, and thank you @CGC Mike for hosting the competition!

See you all next time! 

This was great fun. I’m glad I got over my anxiety and played along this time. I’d do it again for sure. Two bullseyes this round, which is good. The others? Uh…not so close.

Glad to have participated. I'm happy to have hit 2 bulls eyes in the last round but overall am much more accurate when predicting what my personal books will get when sent to CGC for grading. Getting to actually hold the book helps a lot. Kudos to those who can consistently predict a CGC grade by photos alone. 

And BIG THANKS to @CGC Mikefor going to all the trouble of making the contest happen. Superb organization, communication and follow-up. Well done, my friend!