• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect DC Showcase 1-104 in 9.0 or better!
7 7

341 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2023 at 11:53 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah if you read a bunch of the replies after that post you’ll see a lot of discussion about that.

I saw that after the fact, I was going to bring up his past history as a restorer/over grader, but I saw that it was mentioned after the fact in the thread. 

On 3/24/2023 at 5:41 AM, maraxusofkeld said:

I saw that after the fact, I was going to bring up his past history as a restorer/over grader, but I saw that it was mentioned after the fact in the thread. 

Oh yeah we all definitely got into all that in our discussion! He used to list the resto slightly more openly for people to see. He’s considerably more deceptive now!

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 3/23/2023 at 4:01 AM, Chiparus said:

FD - There is a Pacific coast 68 9.4 on shortboxed if interested??? 

I bid on the number 1 at the recent comic connect auction. Just missed out, gutted. Wont see that one for sale again I don't think. 

sho1.4572_1.jpg

a holy grail of mine to get someday

On 3/23/2023 at 7:01 AM, Chiparus said:

FD - There is a Pacific coast 68 9.4 on shortboxed if interested??? 

I bid on the number 1 at the recent comic connect auction. Just missed out, gutted. Wont see that one for sale again I don't think. 

sho1.4572_1.jpg

Woooooof! that #1 is a dream man, Thats the fun part when I come across the ones i can afford, its either now or its gone for years lol. and thanks for the info on the 68! However I think the asking price is a bit too high.

Edited by FloridianDemon

On 3/23/2023 at 10:55 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

It took me 25 years but I was able to complete X-Men 1 CGC 8.5, 2-20 CGC 9.0, 21-66 CGC 9.4, then GSX #1 to 143 CGC 9.4/9.6. Patience is the key and constant scouring and selling other collectibles to grab books. 

Respect! and yeah I opened up an LLC selling comics so i use the cash for some of the harder ones in this collection to snag.