• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect DC Showcase 1-104 in 9.0 or better!
7 7

341 posts in this topic

In case this hasn't been discussed in the SA forum so far, Ian Levine's complete DC collection will be auctioned off by some outfit called PBA Galleries.  Every issue of Showcase, Brave & Bold, etc. will be in here, although grades may not be super high.  Many issues may also be sold raw.  So for any completists for whom grade is not an issue, this is a great opportunity to snag tough to find issues from these runs. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0f4BowwuVnf6WpaAbkLH16CK8MG3BX6ji9JgxifhYEQpimKnMQGdYhXYZZDX7wdsNl&id=100000660711222&mibextid=Nif5oz

On 7/15/2023 at 9:42 AM, tth2 said:

In case this hasn't been discussed in the SA forum so far, Ian Levine's complete DC collection will be auctioned off by some outfit called PBA Galleries.  Every issue of Showcase, Brave & Bold, etc. will be in here, although grades may not be super high.  Many issues may also be sold raw.  So for any completists for whom grade is not an issue, this is a great opportunity to snag tough to find issues from these runs. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0f4BowwuVnf6WpaAbkLH16CK8MG3BX6ji9JgxifhYEQpimKnMQGdYhXYZZDX7wdsNl&id=100000660711222&mibextid=Nif5oz

... like Buzzy #70 ? GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... I always liked Ian's posts but one day someone set him off and he never came back. Some fascinating stories ....

When I first read the title of this thread, I immediately thought “what a fun, challenging quest” and “oh wow, you’re nuts.” Enjoy the ride for sure!

If you have the means and the vacation time, consider hitting some comic-centric conventions in the Southeast and along the I-95 corridor. Skip Megacon and DragonCon (unless you want to see pop culture stuff)… do check out Charlotte, Baltimore, Greenville SC, etc, then up to NYCC and Concord NH if possible.

I see raw Showcase books all the time at shows… you just have to venture out and have faith you’ll find some high-grade candidates out in the wild. And network with the dealers.

Edited by gumption

On 7/16/2023 at 2:33 PM, jimjum12 said:

... like Buzzy #70 ? GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... I always liked Ian's posts but one day someone set him off and he never came back. Some fascinating stories ....

I imagine the Buzzy 70 is in there.

He's back in the GA Forum, as I'm sure you know, but who knows how long he'll stick around?  It doesn't take much to set him off.

On 7/16/2023 at 10:13 AM, ThothAmon said:

Ya think?  As are most of them. My goal is the same as yours but as a longtime collector I’m just lucky to get them in any grade. 

Yeah so its been interesting while this quest... The more popular issues are much easier to find in high grade but are more pricey, and the least popular are SUPER scarce but very VERY cheap. Nice Spectere cover? 600$$$+, 1st  B'Wana beast in 9.0 and there are only 2? 150$ lol 

On 7/23/2023 at 12:38 AM, Silver said:

Really like watching this quest. Cam you post a list of what you have so far?

Sure!
59 - 9.4
61 - 9.4
65 - 9.4
66 - 9.0
67 - 9.0
72 - 9.2
74 - 9.6
78 - 9.6
84 - 9.6
87 - 9.6
98 - 9.8 
99 - 9.8
100 - 9.8
I know its not impressive yet but working on it!