• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Poster Collector Thread
12 12

316 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, Artboy99 said:

"The lord Johovah has given unto you these 15...*crunch*..10! 10 commandments for all to obey!"

I actually heard there is to be another history of the world fim btw 

On 11/14/2022 at 8:44 AM, Artboy99 said:

These are loose pages from Steranko's calendar. @thehumantorch and I bought a large collection that had these in addition to a complete calendar.

Also in the collection were several mock-ups of these calendar pages that we think are the originals.

20221114_092725.thumb.jpg.ed7bf90a097c7ef8a97ed238351f44e0.jpg

These were reissued (albeit censored) with color foil treatments as chase cards in the 1995 FPG Steranko trading card set. Even by the late 90's Steranko still had the 11 of the single calendar pages with him for sale at SD Comic-Con. For whatever reason, he didn't have the 12th month. I bought a few from him, including the Batgirl and the Lady Captain America, and those are autographed.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:41 PM, jdandns said:

These were reissued (albeit censored) with color foil treatments as chase cards in the 1995 FPG Steranko trading card set. Even by the late 90's Steranko still had the 11 of the single calendar pages with him for sale at SD Comic-Con. For whatever reason, he didn't have the 12th month. I bought a few from him, including the Batgirl and the Lady Captain America, and those are autographed.

I met him at the 2008 NYCC and bought a signed one of these from him. I actually went looking for it this afternoon and can't find it. I forget which month it was, but it didn't really matter - it was cool meeting that guy.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That IS impressive, a bit wider than normal? I guess there isn't a standard to posters, but that red on black is nice, kind of similar to a Sin City poster. :)

:x

The print quality on this poster is actually shockingly good. 

When I put it behind that plexiglass, I was a bit disappointed because the red of the print is also, an odd texture? It’s strikingly deep… honestly mesmerizing. But, a bit lost now that it’s on the wall… oh well

On 11/14/2022 at 10:05 PM, D2 said:

When I put it behind that plexiglass, I was a bit disappointed because the red of the print is also, an odd texture? It’s strikingly deep… honestly mesmerizing. But, a bit lost now that it’s on the wall… oh well

Strongly recommend Optium Museum Acrylic.  Use it for all my framing, as do most museums.

Optium Museum Acrylic® - Tru Vue, Inc (tru-vue.com)