• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most over-hyped/over-priced comic in your opinion?
3 3

207 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2022 at 10:42 PM, batmiesta said:

I agree with everything you say apart from the last part, enjoying it? I think it's Turd, I think the last Avengers movie was the last Marvel movie I watched, I can't get away with them, I've tried, but end up switching off after 20 minutes or so, fortunately for Marvel the targeted audience seems to lap this bilge up. :headpat:   :whistle: 

I tried watching Thor Love and Thunder, Literally turned it off after 20 minutes. Complete garbage.

On 11/29/2022 at 10:59 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

2 9.6s on EBay 

B206754F-25E0-46CD-BB75-582EEB6DA1F8.jpeg.b9e2dac4196fc93ed21d6f372b58fd0f.jpeg

Regular CGC label link.

Custom CGC label link

Not quite sure what that they're doing.......but they have the following message in the "pictures" on these listings.

Edit: It almost looks like they're trying to use these listings to advertise them.....and then sell them off of Ebay.....but they have a huge Ebay feedback rating. (shrug)

BIN.jpg.437097b2e632fc258d156ec011ff863e.jpg

Then, the descriptiong for the one with the regular CGC label has the following:

DES1.jpg.b6dceae71f2bca402633e0fc03581a68.jpg

And this is in the description for the one with the custom CGC label:

DES2.jpg.eac86e4a42ad9d9541675c94accd0e9e.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 11/30/2022 at 12:26 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Not quite sure what that idjit is doing......but he has the following message in the "pictures" on these listings.

Then, the descriptiong for the one with the regular CGC label has the following:

Their listings are wild.  I have no idea what’s going on there.  

On 11/29/2022 at 11:28 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I edited my first post a bit. 

Is he trying to advertise them with the listings, and then have you email him directly so he can sell them off of Ebay?  

But that seems wierd too....as he has over 30,000 feedbacks on his Ebay profile. 

Edit:  I just looked at a few more of his 21,000 listings.....the ones I looked at all used this same tactic. (shrug)

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 11/30/2022 at 12:30 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I edited my first post a bit. 

Is he trying to advertise them with the listings, and then have you email him directly so he can sell them off of Ebay?  

But that seems wierd too....as he has over 30,000 feedbacks on his Ebay profile. 

It looks like they’re some kind of bizarro consignment site. They have almost 22,000 items listed  

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 11/29/2022 at 11:41 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It looks like they’re some kind of bizarro consignment site.  

It's strange.  Their other 21,000 listing appear to listed using the same method.  

So, what does he do when they all get bids on them and then end?  He can't go in and cancel the bids on all of those listings. ???

On 11/30/2022 at 12:41 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It looks like they’re some kind of bizarro consignment site. They have almost 22,000 items listed  

On 11/30/2022 at 12:45 AM, Domo Arigato said:

It's strange.  Their other 21,000 listing appear to listed using the same method.  

So, what does he do when they all get bids on them and then end?  He can't go in and cancel the bids on all of those listings. ???

This is a scam that's been popping up more and more on eBay

Someone hacks into an establish account with good feedback and then floods the account with "too good to be true" deals, looking for FF payments outside of ebay

On 11/30/2022 at 2:17 AM, KCOComics said:

Someone hacks into an establish account with good feedback and then floods the account with "too good to be true" deals, looking for FF payments outside of ebay

I thought the sheer number of listings meant that wouldn't be the case......but after looking at it closer, you could be right.

His profile and previous sales in his feedback say he's located in Italy......but his current listings say he's in Pasadena, California.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:28 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

On 11/30/2022 at 3:17 AM, KCOComics said:

On 11/30/2022 at 3:41 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I thought the sheer number of listings meant that wouldn't be the case......but after looking at it closer, you could be right.

His profile and previous sales in his feedback say he's located in Italy......but his current listings say he's in Pasadena, California.

Posted about this sometime ago:

On 11/29/2022 at 5:11 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Spawn is over-everything. Was never my cup of tea. There is always some "Update about the movie" that Tord can't seam to dish out to the fan boys that think his isht smells like fresh baked cinnamon roles.

How is the movie related to this discussion? I see an update once every 6 months thereabouts, so the social media algorithm must be getting you.

You could've just said that.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 11/29/2022 at 6:35 PM, jdandns said:

I'd agree with you, but I got over $2,000 (moments after listing it) last year for a raw Marvel Previews #95 (with the Miles Morales Spider-Man cover). I'd only ever saved those for reference, along with Diamond Previews, and other comic companies' house ads, never thinking any of them would have any monetary value whatsoever, so that two grand sure was a nice surprise.

I collect Simpsons TV show comics, so going back to 1993 when the line began, I used to take the monthly Diamond Previews catalog after I'd used them, and tear out the Bongo Comics solicitation pages, to save those as supplements to my collection of the actual comics. Somewhere around 20 years ago, though, I started getting backed up on that, so I'd just put the magazines away, about 8 to a box. With about 30 boxes of those in the garage, I think that's something like 20 years in a row of them. I know there was some interest in the one that previewed the first issue of Walking Dead, and I'm sure I have that one. 

Did you happen to see this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403951033597?hash=item5e0d5b9cfd%3Ag%3AmMkAAOSwRoxii0RG&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoL2vfHJRTSVPs4%2B8ad0PQbaEO9X6yQHXSpLsp6fQ81IoGp2BrOwDwxDu5%2FPcBppeR8Fskvwmw2fe6iQafS7Xn9dLVAM7R%2FDnEFFdu%2BZH6Bs4V25MLHGStU8MP88k005tLJrLHIkG9Gnm12QMg9nw6bCFLRQok6Dxn52iYJ0kp4n2QKjoBANmTDJPEWkB0JeVPsoyJOCLTlbBUqr1S74hxM8%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_ykwtuYYQ&nma=true&si=tAb6NxgP5DD0Arg9VPDMEV5W0bU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This isn't even the thick several hundred page Previews Catalog. This is the dang order form booklet! From only 3 years ago! Even I didn't save those. I'd usually write on them when figuring out my pre-order total and then throw them away, which I'm sure I did with this one. What a fool I was!

Are you only disagreeing because you profited from a sale? I would be happy to have had trash around the home to sell at a premium; Doesn't make the people buying trash any more sensible to me.

On 11/30/2022 at 3:33 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

How is the movie related to this discussion? I see an update once every 6 months thereabouts, so the social media algorithm must be getting you.

You could've just said that.

It keeps the readers in his ball park. Toss an announcement about the movie out to keep fans glued. Longest running series, homage the spoon out of Spider-Man, :facepalm:

On 11/30/2022 at 8:26 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

It keeps the readers in his ball park. Toss an announcement about the movie out to keep fans glued. Longest running series, homage the spoon out of Spider-Man, :facepalm:

That's what every movie production does. (shrug)

On 11/29/2022 at 10:28 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

These are some shady operators on EBay. They were showcasing big PCH books about 6 months ago, and now they are doing original art in the same fashion. They change up their user name all the time and I’m not sure how they get all the feedback, but they are not legit.

I believe someone called them out here on the boards awhile ago, because I found a post trying to determine the legitimacy of them as they had a PCH book I wanted for about $1k under GPA.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:26 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Regular CGC label link.

Custom CGC label link

Not quite sure what that they're doing.......but they have the following message in the "pictures" on these listings.

Edit: It almost looks like they're trying to use these listings to advertise them.....and then sell them off of Ebay.....but they have a huge Ebay feedback rating. (shrug)

Looks like ebay finally noticed and purged all of these... for now.

On 11/30/2022 at 6:26 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I am not a Spawn reader, but I think it's pretty cool it's gotten as far as it has. I can't blame him for the Spidey homage covers, everyone is doing homage covers and trying to get maximum dollars for it. I think half of the newer Lady Death variant covers are homages to everything from golden age to modern age - it's definitely a thing.