• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need cash - prices dropped again - Keys: Thor, Iron Man, Vision, Falcon, Kang, and some golden, etc...
16 16

274 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2023 at 9:24 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

Don't stress listing your books.

This is a seller ghosting buyers and others trying to contact about buying.

Which there is ZERO tolerance for here on the CGC Boards.

Either the seller will come forward and we'll sort this out,or he's basically done forever here on the CGC Boards.

Sell with confidence if you were going to, this is a seller... And buyers wanting answers...

Look at how long we've been here...

Did anyone give him money yet? What stops him from ghosting after he gets paid? If he does one big scam I doubt he'd come back to the boards anyway.

On 3/20/2023 at 9:28 PM, grendel013 said:

Did anyone give him money yet? What stops him from ghosting after he gets paid? If he does one big scam I doubt he'd come back to the boards anyway.

PayPal. Buyer protection. And after 10 years here, you're new, he has big $ books. Not saying you don't but some one involved in this bought a 5 figure book recently from him no issues. He'll want back on here at some point. We are on lots of other venues too. His name will follow and so will Ill will doings here on the CGC Boards. 

You don't screw people over here and expect it to blow over easily. Especially with this amount of money problems...if you read back it's around $10k in books PAID for currently...

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 3/20/2023 at 9:11 PM, grendel013 said:

So I was just reading through this post. Did the seller just ghost you all? I was contemplating listing on here. Seems sketchy. Lol.

Might want to check out my Tales of Suspense sales thread this last week... here in the same section 

On 3/20/2023 at 7:28 PM, grendel013 said:

Never pay with paypal personal as there's no buyer's protection, here or anywhere else. 

CGC allows us to buy or sell here but they have nothing to do with policing it.  If someone doesn't follow through here as a buyer or a seller they can go on our probation thread and their reputation will be mud around here and they'll have trouble buying or selling.  It isn't perfect but I've done many many deals here and only had problems once.  And that was on a relatively small amount book from a long time boardie who suddenly disappeared and never came back.  I suspect something catastrophic happened to him.

Hopefully there are no shenanigans going on, but for myself it is a big red flag when a boardie vanishes for seven years then suddenly reappears in a sales thread with a tale of woe and a whack of high-priced keys he desperately needs to sell. Crossing my fingers no one gets burned here. :wishluck:

The discussion should really go here so everyone can see it.

I thought that the thread bumping was because he was selling a lot of books. 

I hope he just found a job and got distracted, but it does sound odd.

On 3/20/2023 at 9:46 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

PayPal. Buyer protection. And after 10 years here, you're new, he has big $ books. Not saying you don't but some one involved in this bought a 5 figure book recently from him no issues. He'll want back on here at some point. We are on lots of other venues too. His name will follow and so will Ill will doings here on the CGC Boards. 

You don't screw people over here and expect it to blow over easily. Especially with this amount of money problems...if you read back it's around $10k in books PAID for currently...

I gotcha. So PayPal is the safe way to transfer the money then as opposed to Venmo or CashApp? I'm just wondering how I get people to trust ME if I start listing stuff. My eBay account is growing but I'm thinking the biggest benefit to posting here is avoiding fees. I'm an honest guy but you guys don't know that. And I've met some scoundrels in my lifetime... LOL... so I know they out there.