• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March 2023 heritage signature auction
5 5

450 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2023 at 3:17 PM, Rob Frey said:

i disagree with that. these pieces have been live now for quite a bit of time for the world to see....... probably 99% of us on these boards and who will watch the auction know exactly what it is we are looking at or bidding on. do you really think that the auctioneer is going to offer us some words of wisdom that is going to change our minds on whether we bid or not ? i don't think so., and she is not my sister or wife.

It's not about her knowledge, it's about her speed....the whole advantage of a live auction vs a comiclink format is that you can be coaxed to make a few more bids after you're past your number. If it's too fast, you can't come to that bid moment. I know that for the what if 32 cover my max was 35k. I ended up winning it at 50k because of the live format and me saying what the hell. She's Zooooming. 

Edited by Fischb1

This.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:17 PM, Rob Frey said:

i disagree with that. these pieces have been live now for quite a bit of time for the world to see....... probably 99% of us on these boards and who will watch the auction know exactly what it is we are looking at or bidding on. do you really think that the auctioneer is going to offer us some words of wisdom that is going to change our minds on whether we bid or not ? i don't think so., and she is not my sister or wife.

On 3/31/2023 at 3:18 PM, Fischb1 said:

It's not about her knowledge, it's about her speed....the whole advantage of a live auction vs a comiclink format is that you can be coaxed to make a few more bids after you're past your number. If it's too fast, you can't come to that bid moment. I know that for the what if 32 cover my max was 35k. I ended up winning it at 50k because of the live format and me saying what the hell. She's Zooooming. 

I agree with both of you. 

Nobody watching needs us to be told what these are, although its still nice to hear it sometimes.   

As you say however, her cadence is a bit grating.    I prefer it when the auctioneer is calm and relaxed and I don't get that vibe here.

Peanuts were all over the map again

1952 Daily - $33,600 a little low but no Charlie Brown or Snoopy

1954 Daily - $26,400 below my minimum and it had Charlie Brown but not a great bit

1956 Daily - $28,800 Low end of my estimate not that special

1966 Sunday - $52,800 About right, Christmas theme and Lucy being Lucy at her best

1970 Daily - $28,800 A little high

1972 Sunday - $34,800 A little higher than expected

Ad - $16,800 - higher than I expected by quite a bit

1981 Sunday - $60,000 Higher than I expected, the WW1 flying ace is stronger than I thought and this one was not great

1984 Daily - $11,400 Marcy and Pepermint Patty :sick: But I am sure Tim will be happy to have it hanging on his wall :baiting:

On 3/31/2023 at 3:46 PM, batman_fan said:

Peanuts were all over the map again

1952 Daily - $33,600 a little low but no Charlie Brown or Snoopy

1954 Daily - $26,400 below my minimum and it had Charlie Brown but not a great bit

1956 Daily - $28,800 Low end of my estimate not that special

1966 Sunday - $52,800 About right, Christmas theme and Lucy being Lucy at her best

1970 Daily - $28,800 A little high

1972 Sunday - $34,800 A little higher than expected

Ad - $16,800 - higher than I expected by quite a bit

1981 Sunday - $60,000 Higher than I expected, the WW1 flying ace is stronger than I thought and this one was not great

1984 Daily - $11,400 Marcy and Pepermint Patty :sick: But I am sure Tim will be happy to have it hanging on his wall :baiting:

Could kick myself on the ad... was right in there, the phone distracted me and she closed the auction too damn fast