• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Borock joins CLink?
3 3

56 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2023 at 8:24 AM, Black_Adam said:

You need to subscribe to the MCS weekly newsletter :gossip:

If the owner isn't willing to put on a sequined dress and strut around shaking his funbags......then I'm not willing to subscribe to their newsletter. (tsk)

On 2/8/2023 at 4:40 PM, F For Fake said:

Hey Josh - sorry, didn't intend for the thread title to be misleading. We can blame my shoddy reading comprehension skills for that one. I've edited the title, but Mike can give it another update if need be. Didn't intend to misrepresent anything. 

Thanks F

On 2/8/2023 at 3:51 PM, COMICLINK said:

Hi All,

Thanks for reading the e-mail!  I hope it wasn't more confusing than it was helpful!

I'm just hopping on to clarify something rather than have it left to speculation here - Steve now holds a significant position within a larger team of Consignment Directors and Sales Associates, including others who are Senior Consignment Directors, here at ComicLink. Steve's position is a significant one, but he is not "heading it up" so to speak as the subject line of this thread states.  He is not replacing anyone, and not "in charge" of the consignment sales department, but he as well as others are empowered to make significant consignment and purchasing decisions.

-Josh

^^

On 2/25/2023 at 8:22 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Well, Clink had to do something, considering they’ve been losing ground to HA for the past decade.

Let’s see what Steve brings to the table for them

You guys forget we're talking about Steve B.... an OG Interstellar Convention Gypsy and part time Dead-Head .... He's constitutionally unable to stay in one spot for long ... a rolling stone gathers no moss, right ? GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/26/2023 at 7:29 AM, namisgr said:

While I imagine all auction houses occasionally see books hit brutally low sale prices, my personal experience using ComicLink over 15 years as both buyer and seller is that they do extremely well for sellers, while also offering a lot more books in certain genres (like the bronze age Marvel picture frames I've collected for over 50 years now) than any other auction site, and on occasion providing favorable prices for buyers.

Yes, like most everyone else I'd like to see back cover scans for way more than the few highest priced items they provide now.  But for me and many others, they're a stalwart of the hobby and serve parts of it in ways that nobody else does.

As for Steve hooking up with ComicLink, I wish him success.  He's done even more than work for that long list of grading and auction companies, as before CGC came into existence I remember seeing him as a dealer at central New Jersey one day comic shows.  I don't think his remote location will make any difference, seeing as how the Link already has distributed activities between Maine, northern New Jersey, and Chicago locations.

I'm a big fan of Comiclink. Yes we've poked at the web site layout over the years but the process and convenience for both buyers and sellers cannot be understated. When I last checked in Steve was working for Metro so the news here catches me up. @COMICLINK I'll be calling you guys soon. :baiting:

Edited by sterlingcomics

On 11/23/2023 at 3:17 PM, sterlingcomics said:

I'm a big fan of Comiclink. Yes we've poked at the web site layout over the years but the process and convenience for both buyers and sellers cannot be understated. When I last checked in Steve was working for Metro so the news here catches me up. @COMICLINK I'll be calling you guys soon. :baiting:

If it ain't broke don't fix it? (shrug) C-Link works for me, and it's simple.