• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bry is going to destroy his AF15 for a blue label
2 2

118 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2023 at 10:19 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Did they go out of business after they posted this? :facepalm:

:wishluck:

Even if they did  they probably didn't spend long unemployed, as CGC has been hiring so they probably got a job cracking cases. 

hm

On 5/29/2023 at 10:29 PM, WolverineX said:

Money talks.  

When he sheds that spine and the cover detaches either by him , the carriers, or CGC they only thing he will hear the money saying is, "Goodbye."

On 5/29/2023 at 6:28 PM, Courageous Cat said:

IKR. Looks like a good part of the spine will be hacked up. Notice he loves all the supporting comments (and there are a disconcerting bunch of 'em) but ignores the dissenting comments. Oh well, his book to do as he wishes, but my opinion of him isn't what it use to be after this.

I can't find any detractors in his comments-- does he remove ones not praising his ridiculous activities? He's a turd

On 5/29/2023 at 10:29 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

More disconcerting is that CGC called that a “small amount of colour touch” :tonofbricks:

I definitely agree that other than self promotion, greed, and destruction of this book a REALLY BIG concern is that CGC called a few spots on the top and a LOT down most of the spine should NOT have been called a small amount by CGC. :facepalm:

On 5/29/2023 at 11:29 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

More disconcerting is that CGC called that a “small amount of colour touch” :tonofbricks:

Exactly! Should have been at the bare minimum Moderate color touch. And "it's a business" excuse, had he left it in the small amount of color touch case (albeit CGC dropped the ball on this one), he would have garnered more money as minor CT 6.0 as opposed to the 3.0-3.5 he'll most likely get and now it'll look fugly as well.

On 5/29/2023 at 11:38 PM, 01TheDude said:

I can't find any detractors in his comments-- does he remove ones not praising his ridiculous activities? He's a turd

Yes, he always removes negative comments. He has been accused of shady business in another video with his mystery boxes where he gave away a Hulk 181. Turns out it was won by someone that lived "close by" to Bry's friend and the friend went to the winners home, but noone answered the door. Just super sketchy. Tons of negative comments on that video...all wiped out. As more time goes by, he just becomes more and more of a fraud.

Here's a case of someone who had one of the biggest books in the hobby defaced to remove CT - when it had already been given a blue label. (Which can happen with golden age books.) :facepalm:

On 5/30/2023 at 9:50 PM, ak47po said:

His reasoning.

I'm not sure he's right about the tape he discusses in the section starting 11:00. If that tape is closing small splits top and bottom of the spine, CGC will factor those splits into the grade, treating the tape as if it isn't there. Of course, given what else will happen to the spine in this process it might not matter that much...

It's obvious to me that the cover would become detached once all the CT is cut out...that being said, no reputable professional would attempt removal of this much CT with bleed-through. I had both CCS and Susan Cicconi reject CT removal for a book that didn't have 1/10th the amount that one does. He's going to need to find some hacker to do the removal :facepalm:

Edited by Inhuman Fiend

On 5/29/2023 at 9:29 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Agreed. I watched @thehumantorch crack out a CGC purple label Fantastic Four 45 at a comic show we were set up at because the potential buyer didn't want a slabbed copy. The graders notes stated “small amount of colour touch”. Once cracked we inspected it and the color touch was all over the place. The entire spine was heavily touched as were several spots in the central mass and the top and bottom edges. This is an area where CGC needs to improve the descriptions.