• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 4
10 10

191 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2023 at 2:00 PM, Point Five said:

Oh, and grades sent. This was super fun; thanks Mike! :applause: 

:popcorn: Thanks for running yours as well! Till next time, I have the Popcorn emoji to keep me motivated! :popcorn:

Will still tune in to see results!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I"ll be mentally kicking myself for awhile over the war comic in Round 3. If I had not bumped it due to the Thing...but I did. That one comic dropped me about ten places from where I would have been otherwise. It is, however, a serious incentive to do this again if CGC has another contest like this. "I'll get it right the next time!"

• Administrator

So far, 62 participants have submitted their grades.  Be sure you have sent me actual CGC grades.  If I receive a 4.6 for 1 book, I will not be able to record any of your grades.  Check your PM's.

On 8/4/2023 at 11:28 AM, zzutak said:

A well-intentioned reminder to all: if you think a CGC Grader spends more than 2 minutes examining a book's outside cover before assigning that book a grade (which is what we're being asked to do here), it's time to put down the pipe!  :preach:

I sure hope the CGC Grader looks at the real book and not the scans of the front and back cover. Just saying (shrug)

On 8/4/2023 at 11:26 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Grades submitted! 

Cheers to our friendly neighborhood admin, Mike :manhero: for another scintillating round of guess the grades! 

Hear, hear! 

Thanks also to CGC for stumping up $850 in prize money and to all those people behind the scenes helping with book selection, spreadsheets and other stuff :)

As I've said before, you need two things to do well in these contests - judgment and luck. Judgement will get you to within a grade increment or two of the CGC grade, assuming that they haven't made a total hash of it. And then it's just luck - the toss of the coin as to which grade you cross out and which you submit. Anyone who gets an overall score of 20 or thereabouts - a one grade over/under average - has done fantastically well in my view.

Good luck to everyone still in the running for the top three places :headbang:

• Administrator
  • Administrator
On 8/5/2023 at 8:59 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

So who turned in a grade of 4.6? That's an ebay VG++ from what I understand. 

hm  That may remain a mystery unless the person comes forward in the thread.