• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,320 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2024 at 11:39 PM, wombat said:

I'm pretty sure people have said they have contacted the police. 

I must have missed that. Care to point me to where someone posted it?

Edit: Used the search term "police" for the last month, and found no results indicating anyone had actually called police.

Edited by Kripsys99

On 3/27/2024 at 2:50 PM, Lazyboy said:

So it's totally legitimate and not at all suspicious to give out three different email addresses?

It's suspicious superficially until you understand that Flake is Randy and Cantina is his associate. So, one person has two email addresses and a second person has one. I probably should not admit I have four email addresses that sometimes I get mixed up and use interchangeably. 

But by all means, people should continue mindlessly posting dumb shill memes every time Flake posts... it's super entertaining and has been helpful in resolving the matter at hand. :facepalm:

On 3/27/2024 at 1:50 PM, Lazyboy said:

three different email addresses?

I have a few different emails:

1. One for work
2. One for financial business 
3. One for friend’s & family 
4. One for legal 

My favorite is Vintage Dranzer at vintagebomics@gmail.com 

On 3/28/2024 at 9:33 PM, comeaux said:
I have a few different emails:

1. One for work
2. One for financial business 
3. One for friend’s & family 
4. One for legal 

My favorite is Vintage Dranzer at vintagebomics@gmail.com 

Me too:

1) Work

2) Formal / Professional

3) Casual / Friends

But I am suspicious! 

On 3/29/2024 at 5:11 AM, KCOComics said:

How many of your business associates have access to some or all of your email addresses? 

How many of your "business associates" use your account to make online forum IDs? 

I've layed off Flake, but there are enough red flags that everyone should be excersizing extreme caution.  

There has been 0 transparency. Just odd Business associates who apparently also love comics enough to send them in for restoration work.... I don't have a single coworker or business associate that cares at all about comics.... it seems so strange to me that two guys sharing the same email would have sent different comics to Hero. 

Maybe their business is comics???? But they haven't said that.... they haven't said anything. They haven't told us what books they sent in? What services they requested? How many books? Have the books been sold? They haven't explained their legal strategy, named their lawyers or even talked like real people... 

Every other victim has talked in a very natural way. Two haven't. Two with the same email address. 

And look,  maybe he is real. And I have great empathy for anyone who was victimized by Mike. But let's not shame the community for questioning questionable behavior. 

Yeah. I can’t dispute this. So let me ask the board this. Has anyone been in direct contact with Flake or Cantina and asked for money or anything else out of the ordinary?  Have they said something along the lines of “trust me, we’ll fix this whole thing?”  If yes now is the time to mention something. And as always do your own research and don’t expect one person or group to fix this mess for you. 

On 3/29/2024 at 7:36 AM, Neo "The One" said:

Yeah. I can’t dispute this. So let me ask the board this. Has anyone been in direct contact with Flake or Cantina and asked for money or anything else out of the ordinary?  Have they said something along the lines of “trust me, we’ll fix this whole thing?”  If yes now is the time to mention something. And as always do your own research and don’t expect one person or group to fix this mess for you. 

This is fair enough. But that's why my message to everyone is to excereize extreme caution. 

Something feels off and I think calling that out is warranted.  

On 3/28/2024 at 4:26 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

But by all means, people should continue mindlessly posting dumb shill memes every time Flake posts...  

Why wait 'til he posts?

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 3/29/2024 at 8:59 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Why wait 'til he posts?

LMAO - But seriously I'm just worried that all the 'tom foolery' just takes the focus off of HR / Mike D and getting some kind of justice.  I think they are (and certainly I am) trying to do something constructive to get this guy or his company to answer for what happened.  That being said, certainly proceed with caution when teaming up with others.  But IMO individually our claims (everyone that got burned) are small, but together they are significant.  

Edited by Neo "The One"

Sooo.  Another thought comes to mind.  Anyone else want to try being a central point of contact on this?  I know Sauce Dog had a list going at one time, but that has expired.  I know individuals have been advised to "Not get involved or give advice" and that is fine, I respect that.  This whole thing is becoming a little draining for me. I'm definitely on this board too often.  Is there an individual or group on this thread that the majority feels is trustworthy can be the central poilnt of contact?  If there is too much suspicision around Flake / Catalina anyone else is welcome to step forward.  From what I've heard from others, we have some traction from Kristi and the Oregon DOJ.  I know others may disagree, but from what I see she seems to be our best contact at this time.  Anyone speaking with her directly?  Would she be interested in a comprehensive list (as of today) as to what was stolen (money for work not completed), never returned (books and value), or returned in worse condition than sent (again name of book, condition, appx value).  I don't know if one list exists, but I think it would be a great idea to start one.  

On 3/29/2024 at 10:59 AM, shadroch said:

The problem, at least for me, is that one person showed up here with one ID and gave an email. Then another person showed up, didn't say they had anything to do with the first person, and gave the same email. Later, when confronted, they claimed to be associates. I've no idea what is true or not, but the way they came to this thread seemed shady, at least to me.   I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again, and this may be one of those occasions, but something doesn't feel right here.

Yeah for good or bad, my understanding is they were "Afraid" of Mike and his associates.  I think they were still hoping to get back the book and or books and didn't want to p i s s him off.  Every email I got from them said, "I created this email because Mike knows my email address!" or smilar.  Eventually I directly asked them why do they care if he has their email?  So basicaly they didn't want him knowing - whatever.  I'd say if anyone has there doubts, DM them and hear what they have to say.    Here's a snippet:

"Better we communicate here since it's my real email. 

Anyway, I'm also posting on all social media to try to get others.

You can reply here from now on.

Talk to you soon

Randy"   I mean, I don't know but sounded harmless enough.
Edited by Neo "The One"

On 3/29/2024 at 12:14 PM, Neo "The One" said:

Yeah for good or bad, my understanding is they were "Afraid" of Mike and his associates.  I think they were still hoping to get back the book and or books and didn't want to p i s s him off.  Every email I got from them said, "I created this email because Mike knows my email address!" or smilar.  Eventually I directly asked them why do they care if he has their email?  So basicaly they didn't want him knowing - whatever.  I'd say if anyone has there doubts, DM them and hear what they have to say.    Here's a snippet:

"Better we communicate here since it's my real email. 

Anyway, I'm also posting on all social media to try to get others.

You can reply here from now on.

Talk to you soon

Randy"   I mean, I don't know but sounded harmless enough.

I’d like to know what exactly they’re afraid of.  Mike sure comes across as unhinged, but as far as I know, he has no documented history of physically attacking or threatening harm to anyone simply asking for their property back.  And as for getting said property back, there’s documented stories in here of victims disclosing their full history of dealing with Mike and subsequently getting their books back.

Again, this secret squirrel cover just feels like a long con playing out.

On 3/29/2024 at 12:46 PM, mattn792 said:

Again, this secret squirrel cover just feels like a long con playing out.

^ This ^

FWIW, I have no skin in this game but it certainly has my radar up.