• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading Contest Awards Based on Cumulative Performance Through Contest #9
4 4

28 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2024 at 6:05 PM, Superman2006 said:

It felt a bit too much like work putting this together this time around, so this may or may not be my last cumulative rankings update.

If I drop another five places like I did after the end of the last contest then maybe that's for the best. :tonofbricks:

Seriously though, your analysis and hard work is much appreciated. :manhero:

I had been wondering where this cumulative performance ranking was. 

Thanks very much. (worship)

On 4/20/2024 at 7:27 PM, grendelbo said:
On 4/20/2024 at 7:05 PM, Superman2006 said:

It felt a bit too much like work putting this together this time around, so this may or may not be my last cumulative rankings update.

If I drop another five places like I did after the end of the last contest then maybe that's for the best. :tonofbricks:

Seriously though, your analysis and hard work is much appreciated. :manhero:

I had been wondering where this cumulative performance ranking was. 

Thanks very much. (worship)

Thanks, buddy!

It takes a few hours to put it all together with a lot of data checks throughout to account for any data issues (there haven't been many in recent contests thanks to good work by CGC Mike and Get Marwood & I) and to perform other cross-checks, so it's not an incredible amount of work. Maybe I'll keep updating it in the future, if more people want it than not. hm Holding off on publishing it until the start of the next contest like I did this time does give me more freedom to update it at my convenience.

In case anyone was wondering what the rankings would look like if I didn't set a minimum number of contests requirement for the cumulative rankings in my first post above, here are all of the scores for candidates with an average score of 20 or less with no minimum number of contests requirement:

image.png.7612877860a020210c3087a0490d3d57.png 

Here are the average scores by contest, along with the number of participants that submitted grades for 1 or more rounds:

image.png.0860115e002b90126607e09c389b24eb.png

The average grade has been in the 29 to 32 range for all but the first contest.  For the first contest there were a lot more participants at the start (203 vs. a high of 134 for the other contests), and from what I recall CGC marketed the contest on social media, so a presumably a lot more non-regular boardies participated, which presumably is the main reason for the higher than usual average score in the first contest.

• Administrator
On 4/20/2024 at 9:08 PM, Superman2006 said:

For the first contest there were a lot more participants at the start (203 vs. a high of 134 for the other contests), and from what I recall CGC marketed the contest on social media

I sent out 354 PM's for that first contest.  It was very difficult accumulating all of the user ids.  Many needed to be approved, and I would have to go back through the thread to make sure I didn't miss anyone.   It was very disappointing to see that most of the social media people never submitted any grades.  What a waste of time.  :frown:

I might have missed one contest, hard to believe that I missed more than half of the contests to not be included in the rankings. I don't remember even missing one contest, but idk, seem to remember inquiring before.... lol 

No worries, glad there is some work put in :) Cool!

although I haven't got under 20 in a long time, if I'm now reading that right lol I thought it went up to 50th place lol then I'd be somewhere haha :roflmao:

Carry on :) 

On 4/21/2024 at 9:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I might have missed one contest, hard to believe that I missed more than half of the contests to not be included in the rankings. I don't remember even missing one contest, but idk, seem to remember inquiring before.... lol 

No worries, glad there is some work put in :) Cool!

I have not received an inquiry from you before, but here's some additional info since you asked:

There have 424 different participants across the 9 contests to date (I didn't check to see if anyone changed there user name, but if any name changes are brought to my attention I can update my info accordinly)

Out off the 424 participants to date, 86 participants have completed 4.25 or more contests (i.e. 4.25 x 4 = 17 rounds or more)

Those 86 participants qualify for the top 50 rankings in my first post.

You are currently in 71st place with an average score of 35.8. You have participated in all contests to date; 8.75 contests to be precise, since you didn't make it into the top 10 in the first contest through the first 3 rounds and therefore you didn't qualify for the 4th and final round of that contest.

Your best score was 28 which you received in contests 4 and 6.

Hope that helps :foryou: If you'd like your scores for all rounds let me know here or via PM (I have the info readily available and it would just take me 2 seconds to pull up)

If anyone else thinks they were excluded from the rankings in error, let me know in this thread or shoot me a PM.

On 4/21/2024 at 11:10 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

Thanks @Superman2006, I was waiting to see if I made it into the Honor Roll this time. Woohoo…47! :takeit:

I appreciate you spending time on this for those of us that don’t get close to the money it’s small sense of accomplishment. (thumbsu

Thanks, ChrispyC66, and congrats on making the honor roll. You have been on fire the past few contests with an average 22.7 over he past three contests!

On 4/21/2024 at 12:15 PM, Superman2006 said:

Thanks, ChrispyC66, and congrats on making the honor roll. You have been on fire the past few contests with an average 22.7 over he past three contests!

Much appreciated!

On 4/21/2024 at 11:15 AM, Superman2006 said:

Lol since I don't have the $$ to collect golden age at all, I wonder if my score of 28 twice will suffice me lol comparitivly with a 22.7 average making an honor roll, kudos @ChrispyC66

I've owned one golden age throughout my time back and never sent it in for grading haha

For those inclined that criteria is different, idk

But thanks for the heads up. I don't do 9.8 prescreens either (because who now has more than two thirds the cost of grading to waste if a 9.8 reject lol ). That said, maybe I have more time considered with moderns since I'm not 9.8 or bust!  :insane:

:roflmao:

Still, thanks for the heads up, I figured I hadn't placed well enough, :cheers: excuses aside.  :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/20/2024 at 7:47 PM, Superman2006 said:

Thanks, buddy!

It takes a few hours to put it all together with a lot of data checks throughout to account for any data issues (there haven't been many in recent contests thanks to good work by CGC Mike and Get Marwood & I) and to perform other cross-checks, so it's not an incredible amount of work. Maybe I'll keep updating it in the future, if more people want it than not. hm Holding off on publishing it until the start of the next contest like I did this time does give me more freedom to update it at my convenience.

May I ask what you use to analyze the data?  Excel?  Pen/Paper/Caluclator?  Just wondering if there's a way to make this easier or automated since this is great information to have and I would hate to see it stop.

***I love excel