• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
27 27

2,123 posts in this topic

Someone recently posted about the inner well getting hung up by the outer case's molded label tray (the inner well not sitting inside the vertical dimension).  I looked closely at my CGC BANANA and noticed the same.

The inner well just didn't fit.  Something is going on at encapsulation specifically during the seal of the inner well.  Perhaps they're not getting the edge alignments of the two sheets correct and that changes the overall vertical length into something that does not fit the outer case.

I've had 18 books since July and just praying  that I "don't " see them go to Grading and encapsulation. Some of my best ASM 9.8 graded cgc books to be signed by JRJR. Sad to want them not to go into progress but with the issues lately.................................................. not seeing anything positive on the fix. Doesn't really  make sense to not just revert back to what they did prior. You don't have to nuke my books with heat to super seal them. They're my books. I know no one swapped them out lol few less heat melds no warp?

CGC will shortly announce there is no problem with quality control. CGC will then announce a new quality control department to oversee the current quality control department.

They will then state there is no problem with the original quality control department, and adding this new department will end the problems with the quality control department.

On 10/14/2024 at 6:21 AM, HotKey said:

CGC will shortly announce there is no problem with quality control. CGC will then announce a new quality control department to oversee the current quality control department.

They will then state there is no problem with the original quality control department, and adding this new department will end the problems with the quality control department.

Happy 43rd anniversary, Monty Python!

On 10/12/2024 at 12:44 PM, Jaylam said:

Is someone going to start a grading company that specializes in (re)-grading slabbed books to account for the damage slabbing and SCS is doing the books after they have already been graded?  

You mean like a sticker on the case noting it is an exceptional example?  hm