• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am the only to feel unsafety to buy from that kind of sellers?
5 5

21 posts in this topic

I'm not going to pretend there isn't an enormous problem with counterfeiting of high-dollar Yu-Gi-Oh stuff. But that's a valid PSA card #, and the card entry matches the image given (and the image given isn't just the reference scan, which is frankly a good sign).

I don't think I know what the problem here is.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:01 PM, Qalyar said:

I'm not going to pretend there isn't an enormous problem with counterfeiting of high-dollar Yu-Gi-Oh stuff. But that's a valid PSA card #, and the card entry matches the image given (and the image given isn't just the reference scan, which is frankly a good sign).

I don't think I know what the problem here is.

Exactly.

I know things get lost in translation, but we have no idea what BA773 is trying to point out. It's like a drive-by posting. 

Edited by Lightning55

On 7/19/2024 at 2:54 PM, Lightning55 said:

I'm not familiar enough with these cards to know what you mean by "doubtful". And I don’t think many other boardies will know either. Please take a moment to elaborate. 

I think the OP was saying that the seller of the book he was looking at tended to be selling cards like the above pictured one rather than books as their primary merchandise.  If the OP didn't mean that, then they can elaborate, but that's what I took from it.

I would say that, if that's what the OP meant to convey, that someone who primarily deals in a collectible like graded Yu-Gi-Oh cards certainly could deal in comic books, even if it's not their primary focus.  If the book is graded, then I would say it's completely normal that a dealer could have come into possession of any book to sell.  If it's ungraded, my concern would only be whether they know how to grade said book and what their experience is in the grading standards of books vs. cards.

Assuming this is something on eBay, whenever it's been a fraudulent type of listing, it's almost always an account that sells something completely unrelated -- like bicycle parts, as an example -- that suddenly lists some major key for sale.  I've seen people post here listings like that where it's obvious the seller's account was hijacked for the purpose of listing a scam book.

All of that said, more info from the OP is necessary to answer what questions they have. hm

No different to the diversification you’ve seen in physical comic stores, with Funko Pops, action figures, card gaming, etc.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:36 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

I think the OP was saying that the seller of the book he was looking at tended to be selling cards like the above pictured one rather than books as their primary merchandise.  If the OP didn't mean that, then they can elaborate, but that's what I took from it.

I would say that, if that's what the OP meant to convey, that someone who primarily deals in a collectible like graded Yu-Gi-Oh cards certainly could deal in comic books, even if it's not their primary focus.  If the book is graded, then I would say it's completely normal that a dealer could have come into possession of any book to sell.  If it's ungraded, my concern would only be whether they know how to grade said book and what their experience is in the grading standards of books vs. cards.

Assuming this is something on eBay, whenever it's been a fraudulent type of listing, it's almost always an account that sells something completely unrelated -- like bicycle parts, as an example -- that suddenly lists some major key for sale.  I've seen people post here listings like that where it's obvious the seller's account was hijacked for the purpose of listing a scam book.

All of that said, more info from the OP is necessary to answer what questions they have. hm

We'll likely never know.  Odds are less than 50% that the OP will clarify. Seems to just blast stuff out there randomly, no foundation, no detail.

I know a lot of folks claim to have super powers, but I for one am not a mind reader.

On 7/19/2024 at 2:14 PM, BA773 said:

Looking for a book, but the seller is typically selling the kind of item which make me think it is doubtful... 

Screenshot_20240719_201211_eBay.thumb.jpg.0888561544f186f48e398048619f3bc3.jpg

His feedback is 99.9% after 46,000 reviews.  That's pretty darn good. Not sure what you feel unsafe about.

"Comics cards and more" is in his name.

He's also got a lot of books for sale. He either has what you want or not.

Pretty much like every other seller on ebay.  

On 7/19/2024 at 10:36 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Got it!

If it’s basically the same range of product you’d see in a physical ‘comic book’ store or on their website these days, or on a table at a convention, then I can’t understand why there’s any paranoia needed about the situation. The risk’s everywhere.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 7/20/2024 at 2:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

I promise you it is genuine.  I was up all night printing a new batch and am now headed to my garage to put them in cases. 

Take me for a madman but it was exactly my tought lol