• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Some time ago, I bought off of eBay a very nice Ramona Fradon pen and ink drawing of a Metamorpho adventure. It was always a bit incomplete to me since Sapphire was not in the picture.

For my birthday, Kathy fixed that problem. Read all about it here: http://cafurl.com?i=16999

If you really don't want to read the full story, support the CAF, and see two great photos of Ramona, I'll save you a click:

Fradon,%20Ramona%20-%20Metamorpho.jpg

I got this a week ago or so. I really liked how the artist did the commission opp.

Randy Kintz (Rantz) was selling some commissions through Ebay with a rough sketch of a character. All that was done was the position and male/female. After that you picked the character and he filled the rest in. I gave him a choice between Dagger or Firestar. Got a Dagger and I really like it.

Dagger20by20Rantz.jpg

These both arrived yesterday! :whee: Time to update my sig line.

I'm not usually drawn to interior panel pages, but these are big panels and feature nice close-ups of the Surfer and Firelord.

Silver%2520Surfer%2520-%2520Issue%252071%2520Page%252017%2520-%2520M.C.%2520Wyman.JPG

Instantly fell for this page when I saw it. My wife commented that it must have been chilly in the jungle that day as Tara's nips are standing at attention in every panel! lol This is a 2 page spread on one board that includes the title splash page. I'm still trying to track down the book this was published in. I think I have a lead, but have not found an issue for sale (at a reasonable price) to confirm. If you know, please share. Thanks in advance!

Tara%2520on%2520the%2520Dark%2520Continent%2520presents...%2520Cave%2520Girl%2520-%2520Bill%2520Black.jpg

Tara%2520on%2520the%2520Dark%2520Continent%2520presents...%2520Cave%2520Girl%2520-%2520Close%2520up%2520of%2520back.JPG

I got this a week ago or so. I really liked how the artist did the commission opp.

Randy Kintz (Rantz) was selling some commissions through Ebay with a rough sketch of a character. All that was done was the position and male/female. After that you picked the character and he filled the rest in. I gave him a choice between Dagger or Firestar. Got a Dagger and I really like it.

Dagger20by20Rantz.jpg

I dig this guy's work and like his commission selling model on ebay. I got a Poison Ivy and Starfire from him that way.

I had Katie Cook do 7 commissions for me, 1 scene from each Harry Potter book. I told her to pick the scenes as I wanted to be surprised. Here is a CAF link to all 7, I'll post my favorite below as a teaser. Sorry about the terrible phone pic, one of these days I'll get a scanner.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Order=Title&GSub=125907

book7.JPG

My first cover from X-23 issue #10 arrived today, and with my two favorite Mutant girls no less. I love the feeling of holding an 11x17 inked piece...

Kalman%20Andrasofszky%20-%20X23%20Issue%2010%20Cover.jpg

Cover:

x23_10.jpg

Man, colorists really take some liberties don't they?

I know. It's kind of sad. Take a look at Ebas' pencils and compare it to his finished Xenoscope covers. I know Nei is a good colorist, but man - the amount of detail that gets left out is criminal.

I know. It's kind of sad. Take a look at Ebas' pencils and compare it to his finished Xenoscope covers. I know Nei is a good colorist, but man - the amount of detail that gets left out is criminal.

They killed all the bottom lighting! And it added so much more depth to the foreground character (is that X-23?).

I had Katie Cook do 7 commissions for me, 1 scene from each Harry Potter book. I told her to pick the scenes as I wanted to be surprised. Here is a CAF link to all 7, I'll post my favorite below as a teaser. Sorry about the terrible phone pic, one of these days I'll get a scanner.

book7.JPG

That's such a cool idea. Great commissions. The best commissions come from those with the best ideas and this was definitely a pretty great idea.

Edited by LastRaven

They killed all the bottom lighting! And it added so much more depth to the foreground character (is that X-23?).

Yeah, it really flattened the artwork on the final version - but I guess that's the upside to owning newer originals, they are better looking that the finished piece.

book7.JPG

That's such a cool idea. Great commissions. The best commissions come from those with the best ideas and this was definitely a pretty great idea.

I couldn't decide between Harry Potter, Star Wars, or random ASoIaF scenes. Since no ASoIaF characters have set, recognizable models really, and I grew up with Harry Potter, it was an easy choice. I only wish I could afford one scene from each chapter!

I bought my youngest daughter one of Katie's $5 convention paintings and she loved it. The first words out of her mouth were basically the same as your commission - a scene from each book or one from each chapter.

Congratulations. I'm hoping she'll reopen her list when I have a few bucks to spare.

Here's what she did for my daughter:

Cook,%20Katie%20-%20Harry%20Potter%20and%20his%20Patronus.jpg

and here's a Legion of Super-Heroes that she did for me

Cook,%20Katie%20-%20LSH%20Founders.jpg