• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other than comics, what do you collect?
5 5

My Other Hobby  

5 members have voted

1. 1. My Other Hobby

440 posts in this topic

Money

bicentenial quarters actually. Fun looking through the spare change for those drummerboys! 27_laughing.gif

Timely

Same here, tongue.gif. Also happen to collect those $2 bills. I like to pick up any funky coins that come through the bank that I work at. I am not actively buying any bills or coins, but I have come across a couple hundred wheat pennies from the early 1910's, a 30 or 40 walking liberty half-dollars, a couple buffalo nickels, and even found a silver dollar that dated back to 1893 once. cloud9.gif

I had this lady come in my work and show me some "shiney" coins she just got from her friend who works at the bank. ALL the coins were silver proofs that were extracted from proof sets and spent like change (probably some kid stole his dads proof sets and spent the money on candy). I even got Proof Franklin halfs!

She sold them to me at face value! About $10 total.

SCORE!

Timely

Other than comic books? Let's see:

Comic book serial posters and lobby cards

Super-Hero toys from the seventies, especially ones made by AHI

Original art, ie: covers, sketches and anything drawn by the master Marshall Rogers

John

Just like Flying Donut, I also collect vintage postcards of my town, Newport Beach, CA. In the last four years I've accumulated about 350 cards from 1892 to the late 1950s. I have them organized in a couple of photo albums, and love to flip through them and then go for a walk and see how the area has changed.

What about those Superhero Slurpee Cups? No one?

• • Original Artwork (from my 2 daughters). grin.gif
    We have several large boxes already. Neither of us can bear to throw them out... yet.

• Sharks Teeth. I have a bunch of smaller ones from various sharks and a Huge Extinct Megaladon Shark Tooth that's Millions of years old and an awesome specimen that cost me $200.

• "Used to" collect old "Rock & Roll" buttons/pins/posters.
    Had a nice old Pink Floyd poster that I still miss.

• Data

• Scans of my books and other's cool books

• Old Tools, but not agressively. I came across an old "mini-meat grinder" and "hand drill" at a garage sale and thought they were cool.

I'm almost completed the DC set but haven't bought anything for over 6 months. If I really concentrate on it, it shouldn't take too much longer. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I also collect 1970s Marvel and DC collectible items. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't even remember the DC ones? I only saw Marvel?? Hmmmmm

On a similar note, I did get an entire set of the old Marvel Stickers in a collection I bought 2 years ago.

The DCs are the original from 1973! They only had Marvels after then! frown.gifI have some of the DC stickers in the package. I don't know if I have them all. I have some of the Marvel ones also. I'll eventually get them all.

DVDs/Laserdiscs - My Disney collection is even more complete than my DC comic collection, including the rarest Japanese Limited Editions ever heard of.

Northern Soul records, and soul music in general, although I sold everything valuable to pay for the comics.

Doctor Who stuff, although again, I sold all the props to pay for the comics.

Disney original cels.

Videotapes.

Brooke Bond card albums.

Old photos of my hugely extensive family on my Mother's/Grandmother's side.

Samoyed dogs (well I usually have four of them).

I'm almost completed the DC set but haven't bought anything for over 6 months. If I really concentrate on it, it shouldn't take too much longer. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I also collect 1970s Marvel and DC collectible items. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've completed all four Marvel and DC slurpee sets once, they were ruined in a basement flood at a friend's house, and am now on the second round. I've already knocked off the 1977 Marvel set, and have picked up some other real hard-to-find Canadian Pepsi DC cups and other rare superhero plastic.

Well currently I collect these:

Just the full sized statues. I hate busts...

Absolutly incredible pieces in person. I have about half the set. The ones I'm missing are worth a rather sick amount of money though for pieces not yet 2 years old. Example...

I also collect 80's toys (Transformers, GI Joe, and vintage Star Wars), as well as video games and the occasional sports card. I'd like to start collecting Sandman art, but I keep getting my azz whooped on any decent pieces that show up on ebay.

I can not believe that no one on here collects toys...Well I think that i did see someone say transformers. Let's see I collect:

Star Wars

Transformers

X-men

G.I. Joe

ThunderCats

I also collect concerts of cd. I have about 400-500 hours of live music mostly from

Phish

Moe

Grateful Dead

Widespread Panic

and a few misc. shows