• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,094 posts in this topic

Thanks, Tom! You have been getting some great stuff yourself, recently. Congrats -- we should also compare notes and want lists sometime so we can help each other out when we can...I'd rather conspire than compete! :banana:

Best,

Dan

Thanks, Tom! You have been getting some great stuff yourself, recently. Congrats -- we should also compare notes and want lists sometime so we can help each other out when we can...I'd rather conspire than compete! :banana:

Best,

Dan

Agreed Dan! PM sent! :headbang:

I missed that 9.0w 14 in the Clink auction but i was NOT going to make the same mistake twice and let it get away again! As my son would say, I is a happy boy tonight! :cloud9:

ff14-1-1.jpg

Edited by sufunk

I missed that 9.0w 14 in the Clink auction but i was NOT going to make the same mistake twice and let it get away again! As my son would say, I is a happy boy tonight! :cloud9:

ff14-1-1.jpg

:applause:

Well, if I was going to take it up the tail pipe and have a gorgeous book of mine sell for a new All-Time GPA Low, I guess my only consolation is that it went to a Boardie.

(thumbs u

:boo:

:headbang:

:frustrated:

In that order. :P

ff14-1-1.jpg

:applause:

Well, if I was going to take it up the tail pipe and have a gorgeous book of mine sell for a new All-Time GPA Low, I guess my only consolation is that it went to a Boardie.

(thumbs u

:boo:

:headbang:

:frustrated:

In that order. :P

:signfunny:lol

Goregous book! (worship)

Edited by trmoore54

I was discussing with Scott/Cloudofwit the recent sale of the FF 55 9.4 (Spider-Dan's)...

Some seious escalation for this book...

08 avg (3) $1890

09 avg (2) $2438

12 mo avg (3) $3128

90d avg (2) $3392

last sale $4182 (Nov 2010)

Spider-Dan let his go for $2850...

Not what you would call a rare book in HG...per Census...

1 in 9.9

14 in 9.6

30 in 9.4 (not counting 4 restored)

57 in 9.2 (not counting 3 restored)

44 in 9.0 (not counting 6 restored)

Edited by trmoore54

I was discussing with Scott/Cloudofwit the recent sale of the FF 55 9.4 (Spider-Dan's)...

08 avg (3) $1890

09 avg (2) $2438

12 mo avg (3) $3128

90d avg (2) $3392

1 in 9.9

14 in 9.6

It doesn't hit the market often though, which means demand exceeds supply. The high prices don't surprise me much, but as I suspect you're implying, I agree the book is due for a fall. Still, I'm glad I picked up mine in 2005 before the exponential increases began! :banana:

ff55.jpg

08 avg (3) $1890

09 avg (2) $2438

12 mo avg (3) $3128

90d avg (2) $3392

1 in 9.9

14 in 9.6

It doesn't hit the market often though, which means demand exceeds supply. The high prices don't surprise me much, but as I suspect you're implying, I agree the book is due for a fall. Still, I'm glad I picked up mine in 2005 before the exponential increases began! :banana:

ff55.jpg

NIIIZE! :applause:

08 avg (3) $1890

09 avg (2) $2438

12 mo avg (3) $3128

90d avg (2) $3392

1 in 9.9

14 in 9.6

Sorry but I disagree with the application of the statistics here.

The prices for this book in 9.4 were steady at 2600, three sales over the course of a year. Suddenly one sale for 4183 (maybe a potential book), one blimp in the

graph, and the averages are skewed.

I think Spider-Dan got a good price for his book, take out the one sale and he got well over GPA.

08 avg (3) $1890

09 avg (2) $2438

12 mo avg (3) $3128

90d avg (2) $3392

1 in 9.9

14 in 9.6

Sorry but I disagree with the application of the statistics here.

The prices for this book in 9.4 were steady at 2600, three sales over the course of a year. Suddenly one sale for 4183 (maybe a potential book), one blimp in the

graph, and the averages are skewed.

I think Spider-Dan got a good price for his book, take out the one sale and he got well over GPA.

Well an $800-1000 increase since '08 is a nice 50% escalation... :baiting:

Hey all --

Just keeping the thread current with my newest acquisition from Steve (rube11), as I try to put together the early FF's with white pages and excellent eye appeal:

FF15.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dan

VERY nice Dan!!! (worship)

I've been working on my very lame FF run almost solely with JiveTurkey books! I just got a NICE 24, 61 and 91 from him. For some reason, i can only get a pic of the 61, the others come out as tiny little thumbnails ???

FF61cgc94OWW.jpg

One of my favs.....LOVE dat Android.....and the asteroid crashing into the New York harbor that only shuts down power for part of a day is one of those SA stretches of reality that makes 'em fun. TOUGH book in grade.....bravo. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hey all --

Just keeping the thread current with my newest acquisition from Steve (rube11), as I try to put together the early FF's with white pages and excellent eye appeal:

FF15.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Great book. I always loved this cover; the yellow really makes it pop.

Hey all --

FF15.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Great book. I always loved this cover; the yellow really makes it pop.

This cover has a great 3-dimensionality to it not often seen in covers...what with the hole in the wall extending to the beyond...lover the "cactus" fire hydrant for scale/effect... :headbang:

It is interesting that the sidewalk control joints don't share the same vanishing point... :o:insane:

Edited by trmoore54