• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

That book is sick...here's the copy I just bought for my permanent collection (one of my favorite covers of all time!)

Dan

FF45.jpg

WOW - very jealous of that book - amazing pick-up!

Super-sweeet 9.4 White-pager Dan! POP-ART PRODUCTIONS! :cloud9:

As a young 12 year old kid whenever I saw a Marvel on a back issue wall with POP-ART PRODUCTIONS on it, it meant AWESOME!

I still have that association today.

:cloud9:

I'm not personally into the whole sig thing Brian...but I gotta admit your sig-books are an awesome compilation!! :headbang:

Thanks Tom! I must say that your FF collection is the best. I would gladly trade my SS collection for your MAGNIFICENT collection. (worship)

I get that feeling with the later issues, like from 70 to 94. I know they're maybe not as well crafted as the mid sixties' issues, but I experienced them (in reprint form) as a kid.

Pure joy.

Hi all!

Back again with my latest additions, one courtesy of a real need to have ONE Twin Cities book in my collection as a native Minnesotan, and another courtesy of a reasonable off-hand bid that I did not think would stick.

Either way, the collection grows. I'm trying to keep my promise to myself of only having white-paged books without markings, etc. (unless the markings are from a pedigree). I'm having good luck so far, but some issues are going to be near-impossible in mid-to-high grade. Thanks the gods for new pedigrees and so many auctions!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

FF38.jpg

FF66.jpg

Hi all!

Back again with my latest additions, one courtesy of a real need to have ONE Twin Cities book in my collection as a native Minnesotan, and another courtesy of a reasonable off-hand bid that I did not think would stick.

Either way, the collection grows. I'm trying to keep my promise to myself of only having white-paged books without markings, etc. (unless the markings are from a pedigree). I'm having good luck so far, but some issues are going to be near-impossible in mid-to-high grade. Thanks the gods for new pedigrees and so many auctions!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

FF38.jpg

FF66.jpg

White-page Snob! :baiting::makepoint:

Seriously...nice additions Dan! :applause:

Hi all!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

FF38.jpg

FF66.jpg

The Twin Cities Marvels are just incredible, and both of those FF's are prime examples.....Congrats!!!! :applause:

Thanks for the kind words...I hope the colors pan out in person, since most auction house scanners jack up the contrast and brightness to make them look nicer than they appear. Thankfully, some of the folks that saw the TC collection in person said the color and gloss are excellent.

We'll see when I have them in hand...they're on the way!

Ghost Town, do you still collect FF or is your run already done? (I should check the registry, I suppose...)

Dan

Thanks for the kind words...I hope the colors pan out in person, since most auction house scanners jack up the contrast and brightness to make them look nicer than they appear. Thankfully, some of the folks that saw the TC collection in person said the color and gloss are excellent.

We'll see when I have them in hand...they're on the way!

Ghost Town, do you still collect FF or is your run already done? (I should check the registry, I suppose...)

Dan

Presently in the #6 slot without any issues 1-20... :o

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=574