• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,714 posts in this topic

I posted this in the FF #1 thread but I am on :cloud9: having agreed to purchase this book so I am posting it here too. Wired the funds off today so it should soon be in Hong Kong.

FantasticFour01CGC8OW-W.jpg

I need three more issues in the first 50 (3, 15 and 27) to finish off my 8.0/8.5 run and 14 in the next 52 to finish off my 9.2 run.

I posted this in the FF #1 thread but I am on :cloud9: having agreed to purchase this book so I am posting it here too. Wired the funds off today so it should soon be in Hong Kong.

FantasticFour01CGC8OW-W.jpg

I need three more issues in the first 50 (3, 15 and 27) to finish off my 8.0/8.5 run and 14 in the next 52 to finish off my 9.2 run.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

My buddy has been having some car troubles and has to sell some books. I just picked up the R.J. Long / Portsmouth copies of FF 10 and 15 from him but I feel guilty. I really didn't have the money and he offered me a price I couldn't refuse....I suppose I'll have to let him have them back at cost if he changes his mind. Man, I love some early FF's. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fiend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF10RJL.jpg

FF15RJL.jpg

scan0007-10.jpg

scan0005-12.jpg

scan0006-10.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Those look very sweet...VF at least, I imagine?

Great mid-grade collection above as well! This is my favorite thread.

Dan

....nice and unpressed. The 15 has a tiny chip at bottom and each have light dust shadows. PQ is decent....at least OW/W. The original owner brought them into a friend's LCS in hat boxes and apple crates. The first ones he brought were the Lone Rangers and Roy Rogers, as he thought they would be the most valuable....but that turned out to be the ASM 1 that slabbed out (unpressed) @ CGC 9.2. It was auctioned in what I believe was the first Heritage auction. The old fellow had some mounting Medical expenses and my pal resisted the temptation to offer him 2 grand (which he would have taken) and worked out a consignment arrangement. The guy had over 2 thousand books from 1954-1964....and he collected EVERYTHING....D.C. , Marvel, Dell, ....it was awesome. All the Marvel keys except FF1 nd Avengers 1. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Those look very sweet...VF at least, I imagine?

Great mid-grade collection above as well! This is my favorite thread.

Dan

....nice and unpressed. The 15 has a tiny chip at bottom and each have light dust shadows. PQ is decent....at least OW/W. The original owner brought them into a friend's LCS in hat boxes and apple crates. The first ones he brought were the Lone Rangers and Roy Rogers, as he thought they would be the most valuable....but that turned out to be the ASM 1 that slabbed out (unpressed) @ CGC 9.2. It was auctioned in what I believe was the first Heritage auction. The old fellow had some mounting Medical expenses and my pal resisted the temptation to offer him 2 grand (which he would have taken) and worked out a consignment arrangement. The guy had over 2 thousand books from 1954-1964....and he collected EVERYTHING....D.C. , Marvel, Dell, ....it was awesome. All the Marvel keys except FF1 nd Avengers 1. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:applause:

Very nice story, I like reading about people who do the right thing without being told to.

Take good care of those great books.