• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,714 posts in this topic

The Crumb book is stunning, by the way. Faithful to the material but still 100% Crumb......Genesis is a very powerful story...Crumb is one astute guy to persue it, but I'd imagine there are folks who hate it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Those look very sweet...VF at least, I imagine?

Great mid-grade collection above as well! This is my favorite thread.

Dan

....nice and unpressed. The 15 has a tiny chip at bottom and each have light dust shadows. PQ is decent....at least OW/W. The original owner brought them into a friend's LCS in hat boxes and apple crates. The first ones he brought were the Lone Rangers and Roy Rogers, as he thought they would be the most valuable....but that turned out to be the ASM 1 that slabbed out (unpressed) @ CGC 9.2. It was auctioned in what I believe was the first Heritage auction. The old fellow had some mounting Medical expenses and my pal resisted the temptation to offer him 2 grand (which he would have taken) and worked out a consignment arrangement. The guy had over 2 thousand books from 1954-1964....and he collected EVERYTHING....D.C. , Marvel, Dell, ....it was awesome. All the Marvel keys except FF1 nd Avengers 1.

Nice books! What do you grade them at?

Those look very sweet...VF at least, I imagine?

Great mid-grade collection above as well! This is my favorite thread.

Dan

....nice and unpressed. The 15 has a tiny chip at bottom and each have light dust shadows. PQ is decent....at least OW/W. The original owner brought them into a friend's LCS in hat boxes and apple crates. The first ones he brought were the Lone Rangers and Roy Rogers, as he thought they would be the most valuable....but that turned out to be the ASM 1 that slabbed out (unpressed) @ CGC 9.2. It was auctioned in what I believe was the first Heritage auction. The old fellow had some mounting Medical expenses and my pal resisted the temptation to offer him 2 grand (which he would have taken) and worked out a consignment arrangement. The guy had over 2 thousand books from 1954-1964....and he collected EVERYTHING....D.C. , Marvel, Dell, ....it was awesome. All the Marvel keys except FF1 nd Avengers 1.

Nice books! What do you grade them at?

I bought the 15 as an 8.0 and the 10 as an 8.0/ 8.5, then discounted.....both would benefit from a press, but I probably won't. It turns out that isn't a chip on the 15, just a little color loss...both are VERY glossy. GOD BLESS...

Those are some beautiful books Jimbo

I love really love the 15. I still need to upgrade my copy; its one of the books that doesn't get enough respect. I love the yellow cover. :cloud9:

Edited by BrianR

I wish Eaglemoss would make a Mad Thinker/ Awesome Android lead figurine :cloud9: ......15 has always been one of my fav's also. GOD BLESS...

That book is sick...here's the copy I just bought for my permanent collection (one of my favorite covers of all time!)

Dan

FF45.jpg

.....original art is always cool....but it's hard to totally turn our backs on those actual funny books, they're deeply embedded in our inner child. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

That book is sick...here's the copy I just bought for my permanent collection (one of my favorite covers of all time!)

Dan

FF45.jpg

WOW - very jealous of that book - amazing pick-up!

Super-sweeet 9.4 White-pager Dan! POP-ART PRODUCTIONS! :cloud9: