• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,699 posts in this topic

Great books Blind Owl, what grade is the # 14? Looks really nice but it's hard to tell from the scan.

Thanks, glad you like it. It's about a 7.0 copy.

Here's a couple of Annuals I posted on the Marvel Annual thread. They are all decent copies.

fantasticfourannual1.jpg

fantasticfourannual2.jpg

Fantasticfourannual3.jpg

Super Nice group of FF's Comicdey!!!

To all FF Collectors; I know in my experiences #2 & #13 seem to be very difficult to find in high grade!!! What other experiences have the rest of you had in finding high grade copy of certain issues. In other words, what are the hardest copies to find in high grade!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been active in the GA/SA market now for the past 15 years, and I think FF #3, 18 are the toughest to find in high grade (9.0 or better)....

Super Nice group of FF's Comicdey!!!

To all FF Collectors; I know in my experiences #2 & #13 seem to be very difficult to find in high grade!!! What other experiences have the rest of you had in finding high grade copy of certain issues. In other words, what are the hardest copies to find in high grade!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been active in the GA/SA market now for the past 15 years, and I think FF #3, 18 are the toughest to find in high grade (9.0 or better)....

I think I agree that #3 might be tough to find, but I think #18 should not be included as super tough!!! I've seen a dozen copies in 9.0 or better in the last 5 years!!! I think Metro right now has a 9.2 and an 8.9 or 8.5 as I'm typing this!!!!

Scientist that I am, I gathered data related to the question of scarcest issues in high grade. Here are some census figures, number of copies graded in 9.2 and above:

#1 - 6

#2 - 15

#3 - 2

#4 - 11

#5 - 10

#6 - 6

#7 - 9

#8 - 8

#9 - 14

#10 - 17

#11 - 10

#12 - 10

#13 - 5

#14 - 21

#15 - 11

#16 - 16

#17 - 7

#18 - 10

#19 - 14

#20 - 14

Granted, this data set provides only an estimate, especially since some of the recorded numbers are dual submissions. Still, it is clear that FF 3 is the rarest early issue in high grade, followed by issues 1, 6, 13 and 17. Having been looking for a nice upgrade of 17 for the past 3 years or so, I can certainly confirm its scarcity in the marketplace.

Scientist that I am, I gathered data related to the question of scarcest issues in high grade. Here are some census figures, number of copies graded in 9.2 and above:

#1 - 6

#2 - 15

#3 - 2

#4 - 11

#5 - 10

#6 - 6

#7 - 9

#8 - 8

#9 - 14

#10 - 17

#11 - 10

#12 - 10

#13 - 5

#14 - 21

#15 - 11

#16 - 16

#17 - 7

#18 - 10

#19 - 14

#20 - 14

Granted, this data set provides only an estimate, especially since some of the recorded numbers are dual submissions. Still, it is clear that FF 3 is the rarest early issue in high grade, followed by issues 1, 6, 13 and 17. Having been looking for a nice upgrade of 17 for the past 3 years or so, I can certainly confirm its scarcity in the marketplace.

Excellent GR; thanks for digging up that info!!!