• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,911 posts in this topic

nice book, piper ;please post the CGC 9.6 when you get it too

I would definitely like too see a 9.6 as well. For my personal collection, I prefer to buy VF's and keep the change. :popcorn:

One of my favorite covers! :cloud9:

I've got a CGC 9.6 copy of this one on the way. I'll post pictures when I get it.

:o:applause:

Mine is a VF+ maybe VF/NM :wishluck:

One of the many in a stack of books I need to get slabbed :shrug:

Just finished my run of major SA Silver Surfer appearances:

431e9a80.jpg

This is one of my favorite FF story lines. Doom steals the Surfer's power and goes on a rampage... then the big duke-out with Mr Grimm. This was the FF at its peak.

Bill

I agree 100%. My first issue bought off the stands when I was a kid was #54....and you can imagine the major mind expansion I experienced over the next 8 months, reading Jack and Stan and Joe's brilliant work! Changed the course of my life. One of the reasons I'm a commercial illustrator today.

I agree 100%. My first issue bought off the stands when I was a kid was #54....and you can imagine the major mind expansion I experienced over the next 8 months, reading Jack and Stan and Joe's brilliant work! Changed the course of my life. One of the reasons I'm a commercial illustrator today.

I totally agree that the 50's were the best FF's--and that's saying something. In fact, it's one of the things that's most impressive about the early FF...50 incredible books by the same creative team and then they hit their peak. How many times have we seen that in comics history. Most creative teams run out of ideas in 10-20 issues.

Edited by JohnT

My scanner sucks, but his one arrived in todays mail...really like it... :cloud9:

Love that cover!

Thanks to board member trmoore54 - Thanks Tom!!!

img005ep6.jpg

:thumbsup:

Since I saw Nik lamenting selling the FF 55 9.6 Green River I figure I should at least show the set that the book went into. Its in very safe and grateful hands:

FF 48 9.6 White

FF48-CGC96.jpg

FF 49 9.6 White

FF49-CGC96.jpg

FF 50 9.4 OffWhite/White - Pacific Coast

FF50-CGC94PacificCoast.jpg

FF 55 9.6 OffWhite/White - Green River

FF55-CGC96GreenRiver.jpg

FF 72 9.4 White

FF72-CGC94.jpg

TTA 93 9.6 White - Hollywood Hills

TTA93-CGC96HollywoodHills.jpg

Since I saw Nik lamenting selling the FF 55 9.6 Green River I figure I should at least show the set that the book went into. Its in very safe and grateful hands:

FF 55 9.6 OffWhite/White - Green River

FF55-CGC96GreenRiver.jpg

Excellent. Good to see that FF 55 again. Only greenie I've seen with my birthday on it (July 26).