• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,820 posts in this topic

Time to pop this thread up. I forgot my 27 in the picture. There are a couple I still need to upgrade, but here is a small group shot.

silver017.jpg

Great collection (he said enviously)!

Okay, so I read my new FF 25. What's with the "Bob Banner"? Did the Hulk have an identity crisis I don't know about???

I recall that Stan's "explanation" for his screw-up was something on the order of the following:

The good doctor's full name is Robert Bruce Banner, but he typically goes by his middle name.

It IS funny that Stan was so busy pumping out books that he couldn't even keep straight the name for the secret identity of one of his major characters.

Okay, so I read my new FF 25. What's with the "Bob Banner"? Did the Hulk have an identity crisis I don't know about???

I recall that Stan's "explanation" for his screw-up was something on the order of the following:

The good doctor's full name is Robert Bruce Banner, but he typically goes by his middle name.

It IS funny that Stan was so busy pumping out books that he couldn't even keep straight the name for the secret identity of one of his major characters.

Darn, I thought I had a rare variant.

The same thing that happened with Peter "Palmer".

Speaking of FF #25 here is the White Mountain version that showed up on my doorstep today along with his cousin #38.

WMFF25.jpg

WMFF38.jpg

Jim

Beautiful Books, While not as nice as your 25 (and not a pedigree). My 25 has the exact same style date stamp as your 38.

Pence? no I only have the ones pictured below 100. I haven't started on the bronze 30 and 35 cent price variants yet. I just started picking up newsstand / direct copies of each as well.

It turns out I have 21 pence copies below 100 then a dozen or two above 100 99% of which came from Nick. I have 3 dozen more bronze pence issues on the way.