• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,717 posts in this topic

One of my favorites which I still don’t have is #21… :(

I agree on the "price too step" on the #36, Bill. I would have loved to choose the "perfect" copy among a number but now I am stuck with my nice copy (but which has some insides with slight off-register plates, a defect which most people do not even notice but that bothers me).

BTW, this looks a bit nicer than yours, but it was actually a CGC 8.0, heavily hammered because of a slight dust shadow on the back cover…

nk51MQmh.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but why is #36 so pricey? Just because it's the first Medusa/Frightful Four? Or is there some sort of speculator bubble going on with this issue?

Edited by Harry Lime

One of my favorites which I still dont have is #21 :(

I agree on the "price too step" on the #36, Bill. I would have loved to choose the "perfect" copy among a number but now I am stuck with my nice copy (but which has some insides with slight off-register plates, a defect which most people do not even notice but that bothers me).

BTW, this looks a bit nicer than yours, but it was actually a CGC 8.0, heavily hammered because of a slight dust shadow on the back cover

nk51MQmh.jpg

Hey, off topic, but hope everything is well with you!

Thanks, I take every opportunity to post it as it’s very nice but as I said I’d favor a slightly less nice copy with better printed interiors – not a time to be picky I know!

Hey, off topic, but hope everything is well with you!

It surely is, my friend. And you? :) – Have a good Easter time. (thumbs u

I have stopped buying Marvels but collecting interwar and wartime material right now (not just comics) related to my research. Stay tuned! :D

@Harry: Yes, initially it was just a desired issue because of the Frightful Four, but then the "double" first apperance (both Medusa, first Inhuman, and the Frightful Four as a team) caused a mix of speculation and genuine interest (hey, I still do not have it, better buy it before it goes out of hand) and now it’s costly… :P

I don’t see the 8.0 but surely it’s pricey now in these grades…

I have a pair of undercopies, one is a VG+ and the other about a VGFN if I recall correctly. Still undecided what to do, as I would have loved a VF or so but not much of a choice right now, unless spending thousands in the hope to find a nice copy to replace my nice one above…

I don’t see the 8.0 but surely it’s pricey now in these grades…

I have a pair of undercopies, one is a VG+ and the other about a VGFN if I recall correctly. Still undecided what to do, as I would have loved a VF or so but not much of a choice right now, unless spending thousands in the hope to find a nice copy to replace my nice one above…

Just had a look and they're only posting to the UK. Sorry. :(

If you decide what to do with your undercopies, please let me know. You know I love a bit of lowish grade FF! :P