• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

AdventuresGroupshot004.jpg

Finally a group shot of my Adventures

hm Some of those look familiar

Nice! :headbang:

Yea I know..... lol I hope "That" person does not start missing them , and Thanks! After the new year I will be looking to ad a few more...... so.......

Seems I only collect GA Actions, I have thought what run I would go for next. New Adventure/Adventure is still my #1 choice.

Don't worry, that won't be for several years.

I go for Actions too, and Detectives and Timelys ( oh my)

I go for all the early Dc that's available and especially when I have saved enough to afford them. So I am glad to have a little of almost every GA DC title. But of course runs are better. And so few actually have those.

I am zigging and zagging all over the Boards today....time to go back to my cave. jb

Nice copy of #10.

I love each and every zig and zag! :applause:

If I ever make an Adventure run (yea right- maybe 20 years from now :frustrated: ) it will be from 31 and on - not too interested in the funny cover years. And it would go from 31-102 only.

Yannis, based on your comment, I can only assume that you have not looked closely at the covers to New Adventure nos. 22-30. They represent Flessel at his finest. In particular nos. 26-29. Here's one example:

70393.jpg.58012434d174288cfc5f926deb582362.jpg

If I ever make an Adventure run (yea right- maybe 20 years from now :frustrated: ) it will be from 31 and on - not too interested in the funny cover years. And it would go from 31-102 only.

Yannis, based on your comment, I can only assume that you have not looked closely at the covers to New Adventure nos. 22-30. They represent Flessel at his finest. In particular nos. 26-29. Here's one example:

You said it best buddy! (worship)

I love that copy of 28 :cloud9:

Oh no, I did not make myself clear. I think the covers from 23-30 are fantastic. Flessel is great all around, but where on earth would I find any of those earlier ones between 1-2k? Especially in that kind of grade? I am happy enough to even own a few of them. Issue 26 has become one of the all time great covers, and very expensive.

Amazing enough, CGC in its early years, never mentioned Flessel as the cover artist, now he has taken center stage. And its about time!