• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper age Independants you may have never heard of...

540 posts in this topic

fanzine by NOW COMICS founder tony caputo.

30808303734.2.gif

mostly comics, some prose and movie reviews. the movie reviews are awesome because cable tv and vcr players were BRAND NEW!

also where marc hansen got his first comics gig and where ralph snart first appeared.

Is that supposed to be wolverine? He's got four ''claws''.

I think RS was on the cover of one issue and appeared in another issue, maybe #3 and 4?

Ahhhh, so like Mister X appears on the cover of Vortex #2 (and some rock bands album if I remember right) before appearing in his own series.

Thanks for the education!

I think RS was on the cover of one issue and appeared in another issue, maybe #3 and 4?
that is correct! i believe an earlier carnation may have appeared in a college paper funnystrip somewhere too. another early comic i am trying to track down is slam bang volume 1. particularlt issue #16 with a ralph snart cover and possibly an original ralph snart story inside hm

hard to find though. hopefully when i do find it i'll find it for cheap. the fan graphix issues are just a few dollars

EDIT: he appeared in issue #3 in a small funnystrip type 4 panel spread. issue 4 had a comic style story spanning a couple pages as well as a cover shot

fanzine by NOW COMICS founder tony caputo.

30808303734.2.gif

mostly comics, some prose and movie reviews. the movie reviews are awesome because cable tv and vcr players were BRAND NEW!

also where marc hansen got his first comics gig and where ralph snart first appeared.

Is that supposed to be wolverine? He's got four ''claws''.
yeah that's one of the reasons i like that cover so much. what a huge goof! that was a popular image in the 80's though, my friends older brother had a poster of that same image taped to his bedroom door way back when

Looks like they've corrected the title spelling, but #2 and #3 are cheap and available.

yeah they are very cheap. i bought mine off ebay for slightly more but i still feel like i got a good deal, and two of mine were still in the shipping wrap when i got them :cool: