• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper age Independants you may have never heard of...

540 posts in this topic

Here is one of the better done independents - Fish Police:

fish1.jpg

Yeah, that was a good book. I hate how it got lumped in with all of the other

B&W "failure" books when the bottom dropped out. Of course the later cartoon series

didn't exactly help its' image either.

What are those books going for now anyway? I wouldn't mind picking a #1 up as it is a pretty cool cover.

Mile High NM is $10, on sale for about half that. As soon as they are worthwhile to slab :insane: I'll send in one of my copies I bought when it came out, easy 9.8. zzz

fish1.jpg

B&W "failure" books when the bottom dropped out. Of course the later cartoon series

What are those books going for now anyway? I wouldn't mind picking a #1 up as it is a pretty cool cover.

Mile High NM is $10, on sale for about half that. As soon as they are worthwhile to slab :insane: I'll send in one of my copies I bought when it came out, easy 9.8. zzz

Thanks. Somebody has a 9.6 up on ebay but they want quite a bit for it. I might buy raw and submit later. (thumbs u

fish1.jpg

Thanks. Somebody has a 9.6 up on ebay but they want quite a bit for it. I might buy raw and submit later. (thumbs u

Is there any GPA history on these? I'm toying with putting together a submission soon, I could consider including a couple of my sharpest copies. hm hm hm

fish1.jpg

Is there any GPA history on these? I'm toying with putting together a submission soon, I could consider including a couple of my sharpest copies. hm hm hm

Two sales a 9.6 for $15.00 in 2007 and a 9.2 for $22.00 in '06. Not exactly gonna line the ol' pockets with the proceeds from that one. lol

He moved out to Victoria BC from Toronto about 15 years ago. I know of no one who has seen him or much of his work in ten years. Last thing I saw by him was a comic book based on the Barbi Twins. I have no idea if he is still involved in comics though there is little evidence to suggest so.

fish1.jpg

Two sales a 9.6 for $15.00 in 2007 and a 9.2 for $22.00 in '06. Not exactly gonna line the ol' pockets with the proceeds from that one. lol

I've still got my OO copy of Fish Police #1. Believe it or not, it was such a hot book when it came out that I saw a copy selling for $75 a few months after it was published. A year later, it was available in the dollar bin. Definitely a good story though.