• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Interesting thread.... I was watching the Nik auctions last night, no intention to bid on anything as I'm sticking to my want-list at the mo. But I did see 3 different members using the graemlin first - hit reply- go back and edit in the name of the book technique, which was new to me as well.

I was involved in the buying last night. I had been using the Reply Quote that would put the scan in the reply until multiple users started in with the takeit.gif then editing their posts. So I used that technique to get one Spidey book. I have always hated that tactic so I did not use it again.

The rest of them I either quote replied or quick replied but put the name of the comic and the takeit.gif before hitting reply.

Simply put, if the individual sellers won't set a specific parameter for replies then the Buyers are left to match tactics with each other for the books. I lost multiple books in the Quality Comics threads and a bunch in Nik's this way.

The name of the book and the takeit.gif in the quick reply seems ok, at least it is clearly identified that way.

Chris

I thought its more about having fun and a little entertainment on the side smile.gif

I agree.. I actually found Nik's thread entertaining, twisted as that may seem... insane.gif

It was all in good fun. If someone REALLY wants a book to complete their collection, usually people will defer if they really don't need it themselves.

Hopefully no one thought I was complaining. Although I'm against that sort of tactic, I rarely buy so it's never really a problem for me.

I do think it is risky as the seller may insert a high priced Fair condition Devil Dinosaur while your quick replying with an takeit.gif.

All I ask is that people doing this be prepared to follow through with this quick replying even if it back fires on you.

The rest of us are somehow supposed to believe the buyers intent if someone starts to back out. tongue.gif This hasn't exactly happened yet, nor may never happen. confused-smiley-013.gif

If it's OK for the buyer to go back and edited their post then can the seller? devil.gif
893applaud-thumb.gif

"Hey! Great job hitting the takeit.gif on that VG+ FF 5 for $300!

Bet you didn't know you bought a longbox of SA drek for full book at $2000 to go with it."

yay.gif

Books will come off here in 48 hours and go onto eBay.

Wow! I better pull the trigger! Now! sumo.gif Wotta-deal! cool.gif

I told you so . . . devil.gif

FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES- PLEASE READ

#1499760 - Wed Nov 22 2006 04:36 PM

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers will be allowed to post here on a trial basis as long as all guidelines are respected. This may change if problems occur.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

5. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

6. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

7. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

8. List acceptable forms of payment

9. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

11. Thread title must start with "FS:" (for sale) and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

And your problem is what? What guideline is being violated in spirit or in reality?

Oh never mind, I forgot. Donut is a dealer. That is a violation in and of itself. Bad person, bad person. Stone him, stone him! yeahok.gif

And your problem is what? What guideline is being violated in spirit or in reality?

Oh never mind, I forgot. Donut is a dealer. That is a violation in and of itself. Bad person, bad person. Stone him, stone him! yeahok.gif

Are you his mother? 27_laughing.gif There are no rules here, only guidelines. You say what you say, and think what you think, I don't really care for your opinion. grin.gif

Eaaaasssssy big fella. Donut is playing by the rules.

Yep . . . sure is . . . right 27_laughing.gif Why not 36 hours? 24? 12? 30 minutes? insane.gif The proof is in the pudding. yeahok.gif

Yep . . . sure is . . . right 27_laughing.gif Why not 36 hours? 24? 12? 30 minutes? insane.gif The proof is in the pudding. yeahok.gif

So time limits aren't allowed? confused.gif (not a rhetorical question, I honestly don't know)

Are you his mother? 27_laughing.gif There are no rules here, only guidelines. You say what you say, and think what you think, I don't really care for your opinion. grin.gif

Oh, ouch. yeahok.gif

Why don't you give it a rest already with your attitude. If you have a complaint about how someone created a thread, take it up with Arch. We really don't want to hear your continual whining.

So time limits aren't allowed? confused.gif (not a rhetorical question, I honestly don't know)

Yes, time limits are allowed, but . . . get my point? wink.gif

Oh, ouch. yeahok.gif

Why don't you give it a rest already with your attitude. If you have a complaint about how someone created a thread, take it up with Arch. We really don't want to hear your continual whining.

You are the only whiner here, my point is a valid one. I respect Donut enough not to put it in his thread. You, on the other hand. have no business with me - Mr. Hollywood Hills collection 27_laughing.gif

Oh, ouch. yeahok.gif

You are the only whiner here, my point is a valid one. I respect Donut enough not to put it in his thread. You, on the other hand. have no business with me - Mr. Hollywood Hills collection 27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Obviously you can dish it out but not take it. I can comment at anytime on something you write that I disagree with, nor do I really care what your opinion is of me. Might as well continue with your whippy little comebacks that have no substantive value. Feel free to add as many of the little dancing faces as you wish to try and emphasize your point to yourself. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifacclaim.gifmakepoint.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

sleeping.gif

FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES- PLEASE READ

#1499760 - Wed Nov 22 2006 04:36 PM

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers will be allowed to post here on a trial basis as long as all guidelines are respected. This may change if problems occur.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

5. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

6. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

7. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

8. List acceptable forms of payment

9. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

11. Thread title must start with "FS:" (for sale) and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

makepoint.gif