• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

That the newest method of subverting the rules as to pricing on these threads is to set a "whacko" price and then asking for offers . . . grin.gif

"I don't know anything about comics, but . . . "

Shades of Grandfather's attic stories on eBay 27_laughing.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

That the newest method of subverting the rules as to pricing on these threads is to set a "whacko" price and then asking for offers . . . grin.gif

The Comic Link strategy invades the CGC forums. foreheadslap.gif

I was going to make an offer on your Logan's Run variant before it was pulled... grin.gif

Which of course brings up the question...if yours was pulled why aren't a couple others? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I was going to make an offer on your Logan's Run variant before it was pulled... grin.gif

Which of course brings up the question...if yours was pulled why aren't a couple others? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good question - I guess my price was a bit too low? confused-smiley-013.gif

Good question - I guess my price was a bit too low? confused-smiley-013.gif

It was pulled because there was no indication of shipping cost. 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Nevermind the rules . . . we've now done away with scruples! I'm not even gonna post a link - take your choice. grin.gif

The cream doesn't always rise to the top . . . frown.gif

you can't force everyone to be fair or even realistic when setting up their pricing though. some people spend a ton of time scanning, grading and posting books that are WAG graded or priced...and these threads drop like stones.

if people post FS: EVERYTHING AND YOUR MOTHER threads, then maybe they should be allowed to stay as long as they put up pics, descriptions and prices. confused-smiley-013.gif

look at it this way; if you let people without scruples try and sell stuff, it just makes those who are scruple-filled look that much better flowerred.gif

Lest we forget . . . makepoint.gif Abuses abound yeahok.gif

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers will be allowed to post here on a trial basis as long as all guidelines are respected. This may change if problems occur.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

5. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

6. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

7. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

8. List acceptable forms of payment

9. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

11. Thread title must start with "FS:" (for sale) and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

Has anyone else noticed the deluge, relatively speaking, of WTB posts? There never used to be any, now they're really clogging up the boards some days.

Any thoughts to a new WTB forum?

I'd like to second the motion for separating WTB amd FS threads into different forums. Some FS threads are getting knocked to page 2 in less than a day.

Has anyone else noticed the deluge, relatively speaking, of WTB posts? There never used to be any, now they're really clogging up the boards some days.

Any thoughts to a new WTB forum?

I'd like to second the motion for separating WTB amd FS threads into different forums. Some FS threads are getting knocked to page 2 in less than a day.

I third the motion.