• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

To completely change the subject ... am I the only one that's tired of seeing books listed for sale in the CGC forums that are also listed on ebay? Not going to mention any names here, but there are a couple of board members who do this pretty consistently - it's behaviour I would expect from a newbie, but if you've been around a couple of years you should know better - especially because the forum rules are so friggin' simple on that point.

To completely change the subject ... am I the only one that's tired of seeing books listed for sale in the CGC forums that are also listed on ebay? Not going to mention any names here, but there are a couple of board members who do this pretty consistently - it's behaviour I would expect from a newbie, but if you've been around a couple of years you should know better - especially because the forum rules are so friggin' simple on that point.
(worship):gossip:

Have you attempted to remind them of board rules? If so I would love to hear names.

Have you attempted to remind them of board rules? If so I would love to hear names.

:popcorn:

:gossip:

You're = YOU ARE

doh!

I always hate when people mix that one up, too.

Oh, and people shouldn't krap on moderns or SS lest their individual tastes be krapped upon. We are all passionate about different things and no one has the right to say what is good, bad, or ugly. 'Cause believe me, I've seen some things from every era on here that leaves me scratching my head as to why people like it.

But the important part is that I RESPECT their right to love whatever kind of comics they love. Too bad some people can't show the same respect to others on here.

:P

:applause: I really don't care for the defacement of comics(SS) but to each their own. Nice post Lebowski.

Not to stir the pot, just want to understand, but... What is this rule all about?? What is the harm if a book is listed somewhere else?

Not to stir the pot, just want to understand, but... What is this rule all about?? What is the harm if a book is listed somewhere else?

Think about it for a sec - you have a book listed on ebay with a BIN, you have a book listed here with a BIN. Two buyers each hit the BIN in two different places? Who gets the book?

Think about it for a sec - you have a book listed on ebay with a BIN, you have a book listed here with a BIN. Two buyers each hit the BIN in two different places? Who gets the book?

Person on the boards .... (thumbs u

Unless the person on ebay is willing to pay more than the person on the boards

Because the Forum-Only Marketplace was designed as a member-to-member transaction system, with exclusive board deals and no BS like listing a comic everywhere but the public washrooms and then spamming it on here too.

If you want to promote your books that are listed elsewhere, there is a SPECIFIC forum created for you. :makepoint:

VIA PM's, the latest Joker-Fish update:

Beau,

I wasn't attacking you in any way when I posted a reponse in the thread, please dont think I was. I didnt think you were trying to smear my name or anything like that. I just read the response you had written, and I think maybe you took what I posted personally, that was not my intent.

As for the shipping within 24 hrs of that post, its just a coincedence. I brought all of the packages to my friends comic shop for shipping Friday when I finally had a day off since I started the sales thread, but picked them all up today to bring them to the post office because a few people were EXTRA worried about what they had bought and I wanted to get them the tracking info without any delays.

I dont think you should have had to PM me about an update, or anything like that, but usually a PM is a lot better than posting in a thread. I just logged in this morning when I saw your PM to me, and I responded immediately. I didnt even know about the thread you started till awhile later when it was pointed out to me.

I put quite a few extra books with your order, hopefully there will be no hard feelings after you receive them. I am not here to screw people over, I just honestly had no chance to get the books out sooner than when I dropped them off friday.

Tim

My reply:

Honestly, when I started that thread, I was concerned about your well-being. I didn't mean to start the mess-storm that followed. You've been a nice guy in the PM's we exchanged. It was just kind of off-kilter that you stopped posting two days after we concluded our sales, and not contacting buyers. I hope you can see my point of view. I didn't know about your past history on the probation list, or any of that. All I knew was a cat took my money, and didn't deliver.

I have no hard feelings. I'll also post this exchange on the forums, because I think it needs te be known.

Person on the boards .... (thumbs u

Unless the person on ebay is willing to pay more than the person on the boards

I trust this response is "tongue-in-cheek" and not "head-in-azz"? hm

Also, the BIN principle here is paramount to the way this forum works. You HAVE to list a BIN price, and you HAVE to honor it. :sumo:

I know that I am a new guy around here but I see many people who have been on the boards for several years that post books here while they are also posted on other web sites. :boo:

If the people who post here all the time do not follow the rules how will making a new person wait 3-6 months help. (shrug)

Also just wanted to point out that I have never had a sales thread on here.

John

Did you send a note to the Mods? I realise they are nigh-omnipotent, but you can't honestly expect them to follow every single thread in teh Marketplace nor every book for sale

Actually, he probably doesn't remember what he meant to say as you are quoting a two and a half-year-old posting.

Someone was BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRED. doh!