• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

This thread is like breaking wind when you are all by yourself. Having said that, let's see if I get a response. I just saw a Sales thread where the scans were NOT the actual scans of the books, simply stock scans, like an E-Bay Mile High comics listing. Apparently, per the guidelines, there is nothing wrong with this ? I just think we should be better than E-Bay, more transparent. I think it should be a rule that scans are the actual books for sale. Anyone ?

I think it's fine as long as its disclosed that they are stock, and a grade is provided

This thread is like breaking wind when you are all by yourself. Having said that, let's see if I get a response. I just saw a Sales thread where the scans were NOT the actual scans of the books, simply stock scans, like an E-Bay Mile High comics listing. Apparently, per the guidelines, there is nothing wrong with this ? I just think we should be better than E-Bay, more transparent. I think it should be a rule that scans are the actual books for sale. Anyone ?

I think it's fine as long as its disclosed that they are stock, and a grade is provided

How many more steps are involved to post an actual photo?

How many more steps are involved to post an actual photo?

Best practices in general would be to post a photo or scan, but I think we're just talking about the allowable minimum

Scans/photos are not required. However, if a seller wants to actually, you know, sell comics, then that seller should be posting a high quality scan/pic.

To do other wise, or use a stock photo, will surely lower your potential buyer pool. I don't buy comics based on a stock photo provided from a seller I've never dealt with before.

I'm convinced Mile High grades arbitrarily. Like everything that gets listed Tuesday gets VF and everything on Friday gets VG. Or someone might be taking a shot of bourbon before every listing. Last VG I bought was nicer than the last NM. :insane:

+ I I agree. I think a photo of the actual book should be posted or available and a stock photo should not be allowed to use, But, These rules have been in play, long before I got here. I guess there is a reason for them.

I'm watching another sales thread, no pics, no grades, and Boardies are buying. Does anybody even monitor these sales thread ? This is a sales thread from a long time Boardie, so apparently the good old boys club is in play here. No pics, no grades. This is okay with everyone ?

I kind of thought that was the thread you were refering to.

He does provide pictures when requested. And it does seem like the sales started after several pictures got posted and the buyers could get a feel for what the grading is like.

Not that I'm defending this type of thread, just saying.

I kind of thought that was the thread you were refering to.

He does provide pictures when requested. And it does seem like the sales started after several pictures got posted and the buyers could get a feel for what the grading is like.

Not that I'm defending this type of thread, just saying.

I am one of the buyers in that thread. While I did find the first post odd, within a very short time the OP did acknowledge that he was not in compliance and began to take steps to fix it, and to ensure that any customers were satisfied of the books, their condition and no buyer to my knowledge was held to any obligations of sale until there was full disclosure.

I agree it would have been better to have waited until the full info was posted, or, alternately, post in stages as he had them graded and scanned. I think in this case there probably was consideration given to the OP being a known seller in good standing with the community. It is true that a new member would have had the rules thrown at them sooner and with less patience, but that is the norm with just about everything. 2c

I'm watching another sales thread, no pics, no grades, and Boardies are buying. Does anybody even monitor these sales thread ? This is a sales thread from a long time Boardie, so apparently the good old boys club is in play here. No pics, no grades. This is okay with everyone ?

Did you report it?

I am one of the buyers in that thread. While I did find the first post odd, within a very short time the OP did acknowledge that he was not in compliance and began to take steps to fix it, and to ensure that any customers were satisfied of the books, their condition and no buyer to my knowledge was held to any obligations of sale until there was full disclosure.

You are correct, he did acknowledge he was not in compliance. As a 'fix' he broadly graded all books Good+ or something ridiculous. I just don't like the way things are headed with sellers here. First, the new thing was to not post pics, only if requested sort of thing. Now here, he is not even giving a grade, trying to explain that you can ascertain a general grade by the price. ???? I mean you can list on the Boards for free. Isn't that incentive enough to put a little effort in to a sales thread, like grading the books. I'm sorry, if you are one of the buyers I think you are wrong in condoning this. I previously had a lot of respect for this seller as a Boardie. Now, I don't know, I just don't understand what's going on here anymore. Does anybody monitor the Sales threads anymore ? Doesn't anyone else care ? (shrug):preach:

You are correct, he did acknowledge he was not in compliance. As a 'fix' he broadly graded all books Good+ or something ridiculous. I just don't like the way things are headed with sellers here. First, the new thing was to not post pics, only if requested sort of thing. Now here, he is not even giving a grade, trying to explain that you can ascertain a general grade by the price. ???? I mean you can list on the Boards for free. Isn't that incentive enough to put a little effort in to a sales thread, like grading the books. I'm sorry, if you are one of the buyers I think you are wrong in condoning this. I previously had a lot of respect for this seller as a Boardie. Now, I don't know, I just don't understand what's going on here anymore. Does anybody monitor the Sales threads anymore ? Doesn't anyone else care ? (shrug):preach:

I don't monitor them.

Looks like you got your wish (thumbs u

I agree with you 100%, selling here is not a right, it's a privilege and it's often taken for granted. Sales threads like the one you're referring to are simply lazy like the losers that sell at flea markets thinking they have great books that no one else has.

I agree with you 100%, selling here is not a right, it's a privilege and it's often taken for granted. Sales threads like the one you're referring to are simply lazy like the losers that sell at flea markets thinking they have great books that no one else has.

I am usually pretty strict about rules too, at least in principle, but I'd be careful about words like "loser" and "flea market", neither of which are applicable here. Granted if the seller was an unknown quantity, and made no effort to respect the rules, I would be fine running them out of town on a rail. In this case the OP got off to a slap dash start, and then began making a good faith effort to fix it, not fast enough obviously.

Certainly it is the OP's responsibility for the consequences of not being properly prepared or organized. Speaking for myself, I'm more patient with good faith efforts at compliance.

I am usually pretty strict about rules too, at least in principle, but I'd be careful about words like "loser" and "flea market", neither of which are applicable here. Granted if the seller was an unknown quantity, and made no effort to respect the rules, I would be fine running them out of town on a rail. In this case the OP got off to a slap dash start, and then began making a good faith effort to fix it, not fast enough obviously.

Certainly it is the OP's responsibility for the consequences of not being properly prepared or organized. Speaking for myself, I'm more patient with good faith efforts at compliance.

I hear where you're coming from too but I'm more strict about following rules. Especially, as I said earlier, selling here is a privilege. At least do himself a favor and follow them so he doesn't look like a newbie.

In this case the OP got off to a slap dash start, and then began making a good faith effort to fix it, not fast enough obviously.

Compliance ? He stated in his thread that he was told he must grade his books so he 'complies' by saying they are all Good+ or something ridiculous. IMO, that is mocking the rules, not a good faith attempt at compliance. Sorry Crassus, I think you are wrong for both defending him and buying from him under these circumstances.

Edited by bomber-bob