• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Hey all. Just re-read the rules. What forms of payment should we accept if paypal can't be used? Cash?...Western Union (god forbid)?

Thanks!

Paypal can be accepted no problem. It's Paypal personal that can't be solicited as an accepted form of payment in sales threads (thumbs u

I must revive this thread because I'm looking to start some selling on the boards.

I read the guidelines, and found number 9 to be confusing.

9. List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

Personal PayPal is not allowed?

I'm located in Bangkok, Thailand (please see location under my avatar.)

What form of payment am I supposed to accept? Checks and money orders drawn on a USA bank? I'm merely a collector looking for an alternative to eBay. I am not a business entity!

Sounds problematic for me. How am I supposed to fascilitate the sale of my high grade books?

Any idea? How do other overseas sellers (who are collectors and not businesses) on the boards get payment?

Looks like I'm destined to stay on eBay. :frustrated:

PayPal Personal

The PayPal personal account allows you to make safe, secure online payments, as well as send money and accept payments. This account is ideal for those who shop online and even sell on eBay. The personal PayPal account allows you to link your checking account to your PayPal account for easy money transfers and payment options. There is no charge for the personal PayPal account and the PayPal account is accepted at more than 1,000 online stores.

PayPal Business

The PayPal business account is ideal for online merchants, as well as other business entities. The account gives business owners the options of accepting payments without the excess credit card processing expenses. Along with the payment processing options, the PayPal business account provides its merchants with online invoicing options and virtual terminal processing, which allows you to process your customer payments online, as well as by phone, mail or fax. This accounts also provides options for express payments, allowing your customers to quickly check out with their PayPal account without providing personal information. PayPal research shows that businesses using the Express Checkout option see an average increase in sales of 14 percent.

There's two types of personal paypal.

1. The one you use as a person and not a business - the one you (Modok) are looking at.

2. The one you use as a person to pay or send money to a person in situation where goods or services are not exchanged.

The latter is the "personal paypal" being referred to in the rules, it is a service without fees for simple person to person money transfer.

I know this is in here somewhere, but I can't seem to nail the right keywords or something - so I apologize for asking something that's probably been asked several times.

I post up some books, boardie hits the :takeit: - it's been 7 days, no payment. Boardie contacted me a few days ago saying payment was on the way, never shows up.

At what point do I send him a follow up PM regarding payment, and then at what point after that do I resell or release him from buying the books?

For all I know he's on vacation - I'm not all wound up about it, just want to make sure I'm following the correct protocol here on the boards.

I know this is in here somewhere, but I can't seem to nail the right keywords or something - so I apologize for asking something that's probably been asked several times.

I post up some books, boardie hits the :takeit: - it's been 7 days, no payment. Boardie contacted me a few days ago saying payment was on the way, never shows up.

At what point do I send him a follow up PM regarding payment, and then at what point after that do I resell or release him from buying the books?

For all I know he's on vacation - I'm not all wound up about it, just want to make sure I'm following the correct protocol here on the boards.

If it was a paypal payment, I would send out another PM right away. If it was by mail, I would wait 3 or 4 more days.

Can we sell AFA graded toys o the mixed age sales forum? I know only CGC graded comics are allowed but is there a rule against selling toys graded by another company

If it's comic related (like X-Men action figures), it should be fine.

If it's just plain old "toys", then the dealer section would be more appropriate.

Can we sell AFA graded toys o the mixed age sales forum? I know only CGC graded comics are allowed but is there a rule against selling toys graded by another company

If it's comic related (like X-Men action figures), it should be fine.

If it's just plain old "toys", then the dealer section would be more appropriate.

then again, Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, He-Man, etc., etc. have all been in comics.... not to mention tons of sellers here have been selling these toys in the Misc. sales thread (thumbs u

I have searched, can not find guidelines for buyers. If they exist, can someone point me?
Pay or be publically stoned.

Ha ha, that I get! What I'm looking for specifically - I had a sales thread (now closed). A boardie PMs me about a book. He agrees, asks for total and my Paypal address. After I respond, I haven't heard from boardie again. I have made attempt to contact. How long do I have to wait until I can consider the sale as void and move on?

I have searched, can not find guidelines for buyers. If they exist, can someone point me?
Pay or be publically stoned.

Ha ha, that I get! What I'm looking for specifically - I had a sales thread (now closed). A boardie PMs me about a book. He agrees, asks for total and my Paypal address. After I respond, I haven't heard from boardie again. I have made attempt to contact. How long do I have to wait until I can consider the sale as void and move on?

Generally, the rule is 30 days. At that point, you can recommend this person be added to the probation list. If you don't want to wait that long, I sugest bringing this up in the probation discussion thread. This is the same place that you would post, if you waited the 30 days.

Hey all...expanding on the post above re: selling toys in the Marketplace: would it be okay to list a complete (vintage) video game system for sale if at least a few of the games included with it are either comic-related (i.e., featuring Marvel or DC characters) or have crossover appeal (e.g., Star Wars)?