• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Is it possible to trade non-comic book related items for comic books on here? This is what I got I got from the guidelines, "Members of these message boards may advertise collectibles or other items available for sale or trade, or wanted for purchase. "

That "other item" would be my electric guitar. If that's allowed, then where would I create a post for this?

Is it possible to trade non-comic book related items for comic books on here? This is what I got I got from the guidelines, "Members of these message boards may advertise collectibles or other items available for sale or trade, or wanted for purchase. "

That "other item" would be my electric guitar. If that's allowed, then where would I create a post for this?

If it can go anywhere it would be in Mixed. If you are trading for comics, I don't see what what would be wrong.

Guys - did we get clarity on this?

I too am an overseas based collector, and wish to sell some slabs thru this forum. Been moving around for the last several years (Singapore, Bangkok, Manila and now Kuala Lumpur). Paypal payments to my personal account seems to be the best way for me to receive payments.

Does that mean I cannot post slabs I wish to sell in this forum, if the only method of payment I will accept is Paypal?

Hi, still a bit of a newbie here so I am not sure if I am asking in the right place. I agreed to take a book on a sellers post which is still open as of me writing this. We exchanged PM messages because the seller stated they were open to offers. The seller stated they already had an offer at the price I gave and thought the book might be priced too low and they were thinking about keeping it. I took that as a typical bartering method and said ok I'll take it for the price you are asking in the post. I then placed an I'll take it in the post. I have had no response and low and behold the seller has listed it on Ebay with the listing on here still open. What is the policy on this? Another situation is I again have placed an I'll take it on a sellers post. I have PM and bumped the post asking about sending payment. No response and other members have stated they have no response also. Hopefully nothing serious has happened, but how long should I wait?

Just edit the thread's title (you can do so by editing the first post in your thread) to just say "Thread Closed." For each post, what I do is take down the picture, strike through the price (code following) and then just say "SOLD!"

OK, well, I actually go ***SOLD!***

Code for strikethrough :

[s]strikethrough[/s] 

:)

-slym

Just edit the thread's title (you can do so by editing the first post in your thread) to just say "Thread Closed." For each post, what I do is take down the picture, strike through the price (code following) and then just say "SOLD!"

OK, well, I actually go ***SOLD!***

Code for strikethrough :

[s]strikethrough[/s] 

:)

-slym

What he said, although you may want to leave the picture up until the buyer has received the book and is happy with it, just in case there is some sort of dispute.

Yeah, that's just what I do personally. I will say, I keep pics of all the books I sell until well after they have found a new home, on my comp and on a large-capacity flash drive.

(thumbs u

-slym

Books in the For Sale area have to be exclusively offered here on the boards. Can't be listed on ebay or anywhere else. If you want to advertise your ebay listings, then the post goes to the eBay dealer section.

Couldn't tell ya as far as the Access Denied screen goes.

Noob to this board, question about sales and payments. When you sell a book, the accepted form of transaction is the buyer makes the payment, once payment is verified, the seller ships the book, correct ?

This may seem like a stupid question, but this transaction order makes the most sense to me ..

and it seems that there is an allowable 1 month window for payment to be made ?

Thanks

Noob to this board, question about sales and payments. When you sell a book, the accepted form of transaction is the buyer makes the payment, once payment is verified, the seller ships the book, correct ?

This may seem like a stupid question, but this transaction order makes the most sense to me ..

and it seems that there is an allowable 1 month window for payment to be made ?

Thanks

your order seems correct, but I think 'payment window' is typically up to the seller, and usually maybe a week or 2 at most (many/most pay faster)? the '30 day window' is used for the purpose of the probation list, which you can research in another related thread.