• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets see a complete run of CAPS- Between all I bet it can be done!

191 posts in this topic

I'd like to see a complete run of Captain America's 1-78 posted in order. Any up for the challange. I have quite a few, but I need help in the begining. Does anyone else have interest in trying this. We would need a #1 to start it out.

sorry; my wife made me.

caps.jpg

Thread is now closed hail.gif

I am a little over half way, you have a truley amazing collection.

Great run Billy. So who is ready to do the Marvel #1-92 run? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

Great run Billy. So who is ready to do the Marvel #1-92 run? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

hello all...

I started on it last night, with my first timely purchase!...woo hoo...only 91 issues to go...

rick

Great run Billy. So who is ready to do the Marvel #1-92 run?

I have a feeling that Billy could post a group shot of those as well 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think he allready has... in the GA groupshot thread hail.gif

nah, that was the successor to the MM run, Marvel Tales 93-159.

Great run Billy. So who is ready to do the Marvel #1-92 run?

I have a feeling that Billy could post a group shot of those as well 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think he allready has... in the GA groupshot thread hail.gif

nah, that was the successor to the MM run, Marvel Tales 93-159.

but you could, if you wanted too...right smile.gif

capscgc.jpg

somewhere, in the distance, I should be hearing some CRACKIN going on....poke2.gif

rick

several slabs are in there, but all but the 7 are kinda hidden under the book on top of it so my lines stayed str8. that 7 is 7.5, and in the slab it's a'stayin. just too liquid in the plastic, and you never know when you have to move something quickly. even with the label behind it in the mylar, raw don't quite get it. but only about 8 of 'em are entombed, so i have more than my rightly share to thumb and smell. the other one that just CAN'T be broken out is the 77--take my word for it, the HARDEST cap to get in grade, despite being the second youngest. that's a 7.0, by a grade and a half or so the highest on the census. i'm very proud of it, as it's also one of my personal favorites in the run.

Billy first off awesome collection. I was going to ask you what grade #77 was as it has to be one of the tough books to find in the whole run, in any grade. 893applaud-thumb.gif Please post a close up scan if you can, this is my low grade copy (my top 5 favorite book of the whole run).

Cap77rawscan.jpg

Superb group shot, but Billy Parker seems to missing 1 comic to make his life complete: 132 pages of Timely goodness printed in Canada like 99% of USA comics today.

Now this thread is closed?

captamerbw.jpg

Maybe a few more. shy.gif Podboy has a copy of #70.

CAC74CGC4.jpg

CA73CDN.jpg

I guess I need to put mine in!

Cap74.jpgi159.photobucket

Lets have some fun! I have seen such incredible books since I joined a couple of days ago! I can't believe some of the books I have seen, this is such a great place to see, and share my Timely Passion. Thanks to all, and for making me welcome! YoungAllies5.jpgCap57.jpgCap52.jpgCap19.jpg

Lets have some fun! I have seen such incredible books since I joined a couple of days ago! I can't believe some of the books I have seen, this is such a great place to see, and share my Timely Passion. Thanks to all, and for making me welcome! YoungAllies5.jpgCap57.jpgCap52.jpgCap19.jpg

great looking books... why not crack the pgx? confused-smiley-013.gif

capscgc.jpg

somewhere, in the distance, I should be hearing some CRACKIN going on....poke2.gif

rick

several slabs are in there, but all but the 7 are kinda hidden under the book on top of it so my lines stayed str8. that 7 is 7.5, and in the slab it's a'stayin. just too liquid in the plastic, and you never know when you have to move something quickly. even with the label behind it in the mylar, raw don't quite get it. but only about 8 of 'em are entombed, so i have more than my rightly share to thumb and smell. the other one that just CAN'T be broken out is the 77--take my word for it, the HARDEST cap to get in grade, despite being the second youngest. that's a 7.0, by a grade and a half or so the highest on the census. i'm very proud of it, as it's also one of my personal favorites in the run.

Billy first off awesome collection. I was going to ask you what grade #77 was as it has to be one of the tough books to find in the whole run, in any grade. 893applaud-thumb.gif Please post a close up scan if you can, this is my low grade copy (my top 5 favorite book of the whole run).

Cap77rawscan.jpg

ss, relatively speaking, that ain't al ow grade copy of cap 77. my 7.0 was my third iteration of the book, and yours is a good bit better than the first two.

i'm sorry, but my pathetic scanner will not do worth a dam on a slabbed book, no one knows why, so i can't show you a close up. to see what i mean, check out the 'fox appreciation' thread from awhile back--i tried to show off an allentown m. men 10, and you can hardly even tell it's nice.